You can type here any text you want

what happens when you blow the map sensor hose off at a full throttle run?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Originally posted by DR BOOST
any guesses? it sure surprised me!!

The engine thinks that it's at atmospheric pressure. So if you were in boost it went lean. May have had a moment of detonation. Hopefully you lifted the instant it happened.

If you look at my VE tables i made all my low vaccum #s the same as my full boost numbers, THis way if the hose falls off it recieves the same amount of fuel, I did this as a safety net. Ill never be running my motor 4000+ rpm without making boost,so the tune in that part of the map is better where it is

The o2 correction would max out and probably save the motor, if the ve numbers for 99 kpa were within reason

The FAST take the map value into account when it makes it's speed density calculations. So, if your VE numbers are the same in your 100 kpa row as your 310 row, that 100 row will be lean compared to upper areas. If you want to be on the safe side, max the VE in those 100 kpa, WOT rpm cells.

Basicly, if you blow off the map hose, you're fueling, and running the timing off the 100 kpa values. You can hope that the correction saved you.

im running a BS3

the engine shut off. no knock.

it didnt go lean, it starved.

i had visions of a dotc on that run.

the line blew off about 100 ft after the 1/8th

11.01 at 101mph

surej

I blew the MAP hose off on my Gen 6 system. The engine layed down immediately. I didn't hurt anything, just limped back to the pits.

DR

Cool, so it went so lean that it couldn't fire anyway. The fact that gasoline engines can only light the mix off down to about 16:1 or so may have saved the day in your case it seems :)

>If you look at my VE tables i made all my low vaccum #s the same as my full boost numbers, THis way if the hose falls off it recieves the same amount of fuel,

Well if the hose comes off, unfortunately the MAP signal will go to 100kpa as was said, not low vacuum...

TurboTR

...so even worse it seems, when the fuel pressure regulator hose blows off at 28-30 psi boost and 3rd gear wot at the track.. Ugh. My friend's car this weekend. FAST a/f graph shows it pegging lean for about a second before he let off, but unfortunatley not lean enough to misfire or stall the engine, so it kept on chuggin' <sigh>. Head gasket suffered :)

TurboTR

Originally posted by TurboTR
...so even worse it seems, when the fuel pressure regulator hose blows off at 28-30 psi boost and 3rd gear wot at the track.. Ugh. My friend's car this weekend. FAST a/f graph shows it pegging lean for about a second before he let off, but unfortunatley not lean enough to misfire or stall the engine, so it kept on chuggin' <sigh>. Head gasket suffered :)

TurboTR
DId the same thing a few weeks back, Ive learned if my car even slightly hiccups or whatever, i lift,cause when all is well it run clean

Originally posted by KLHAMMETT
DId the same thing a few weeks back, Ive learned if my car even slightly hiccups or whatever, i lift,cause when all is well it run clean

Me too.

Absolutely. Amazing how hard it is sometimes to convince some peeps how important that is ;) lol

TurboTR

everything is ziptied, fresh chrome on my hardlines didnt help the situation

Originally posted by DR BOOST
everything is ziptied, fresh chrome on my hardlines didnt help the situation

Ya know what they say.. If it dont GO.. chrome it :D

Time for a little sanding ;)

Back