You can type here any text you want

what head gaskets..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Can you post a picture of what you have? If its a loc wire o-ring, you need to surface it out or use the loc wire gaskets. I'd surface them out.

If the head has an actual steel o-ring in it, I'd use stock gaskets instead of coppers.

Not exactly--depends

Can't use a stock gasket with an 0-ringed block.

Your only choice would be a copper HG. I don't know how well the copper gasket is going to seal with 4 head bolts/studs per cylinder.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I have run a stock gasket on an o-ringed block.
No one can give you the correct answer.
Since your block is o-ringed you will have to remove the head and see what gasket FITS the o-ring. Should be able to tell by the current gasket.

This person plans on running 9s. Stock gaskets? :confused:
Even with wirelocks he'll be coming up on the limit for those.

This person plans on running 9s. Stock gaskets? :confused:
Even with wirelocks he'll be coming up on the limit for those.

If the heads are o-ring'd with a wire ring then your options are kind of limited. You can use a copper gasket or you can use stockers.. I wouldnt use a Cometic with a wire o-ring and I wouldnt use steels either.

You could always surface out the ring but Id rather use stockers. A wire o-ring works well with those.

I wouldnt run Lock Wires if my life depended on it.

Ive seen Jason Cramer use his gaskets (factory style steel shim) on all different types of motors and with the goop he includes with the kit those Gaskets hold up really well. I know a few guys that Have ran 9's with them with great success.

Ive seen Jason Cramer use his gaskets (factory style steel shim) on all different types of motors and with the goop he includes with the kit those Gaskets hold up really well. I know a few guys that Have ran 9's with them with great success.

Yea.. Im the guy that actually came up with that setup.

I wouldnt use it for this.

Hopefully this would offer some help.

This is a stock gasket with the O-rings cut into the head. Notice the how the o-ring indents the gasket and surrounds the fire ring of the HG.

PC150014.jpg

This the bottom of the gasket. Notice the how the metal of the fire ring is between the bores. I don't know how the o-ring is going to be able to indent the metal.

PC150016.jpg

A loc wire gasket (FelPro 1007) require a receiver groove cut into the head. There is no room for error in cutting the groove. When the groove is cut, it enables the fire ring to be located inside the groove thus preventing for distorting under pressure. The loc wire HG is old school technology.

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

so what is recommended in place of the 1007 gasket...i'm going to pulling mine soon but cannot find what to use?....was looking at the GBodyparts bullet proof? but can i use it if i don't surface out the head side?

so what is recommended in place of the 1007 gasket...i'm going to pulling mine soon but cannot find what to use?....was looking at the GBodyparts bullet proof? but can i use it if i don't surface out the head side?

what made you pull your 1007?

A.j.

what made you pull your 1007?

A.j.
detonation, bubbles into the overlow blowing its top and then the ice cream man came and now lots of cum on the ceiling of the valve covers....i was beatn on the car with no speedo signal ....did it totally in chasing more knock issues ...but by then it was too late. ...i hope to pull the motor this weekend...

no plans of returning to the 1007?

it sounded like it held well before it popped...

A.j.
i just happend to have a couple of extra gaskets...i don't think i should...i don't know just how high the car was boosted before me but i never got anywhere near 20# boost....just incase, any instructions on obtaining a good ceal with these....have yet to see the damaged gaskets....who knows maybe i got a cracked head.

Back