What is stage 2?

UFILUKY

What exactly is the complete stage 2 set up, cam, heads, chip, ect......??? Yes I am a newb. Thanks Justin

You basically open your hood and start throwing hundred dollar bills in there until a Stage II appears.
Block Photo Guide
Use the search function and do a little reading, they are basically Buick Motorsport race blocks. Many different configurations available, OEM and aftermarket, stock style conversions and full on StageII heads and blocks.

Greg Kring
ex-StageII owner, 2002 BG super 16 winner

As was stated, SII were Buick Motor Sports parts produced primarilly back in the 80's for Buick sponsored racing applications.
Grand National Cup Stock Cars and many other stock car classes.
Indy Cars
Indy Lights
etc.

Basically an extra heavy duty block design with heavier webbing, 4 bolt mains, drysump oiling etc.

SII heads were super trick HEAVY breathing design that could flow massive amounts of air.

Intakes were 4 barrel designs (now being converted to FI)

The heads were of such a design that (valves arranged: EI, EI, EI) SII setups using SII heads require a special cam and SII intake.

Most SII setups can be built to easilly produce 1200+ HP.

What exactly is the complete stage 2 set up, cam, heads, chip, ect......??? Yes I am a newb. Thanks Justin

A giant f**king money pit, that's what a stage 2 is, expensive hard to find parts, headaches and all. Save your money for something that won't make you pull your hair out, hahahahaha:D

Money pit yes. But how many other TB stage II cars are on the road the same time you are? I guess it is more the novelty then anything. Otherwise one would just go with an LSX setup and go faster and cheaper. I guess there is just something exhilarating about a 6 cylinder car that goes that fast. Two each his own. Mustangs are kool. I like them a lot but they are a dime a dozen. When was the last time you saw a GN on the street? If you know what they are they get ur attention immediately. If you dont then you might be very suprised. Stock block cars go pretty dam fast these days as well.

I enjoy throwing down the number with the Stage II V6. In all reality, it would be easier to go with a V8 and making more power would be much easier, but the challenge is doing what we do and bettering it with the V6.