What is the best "in tank" fuel pump?

YO!

I can state with a very high degree of certainty that the DW pump does NOT overwhelm the stock fuel lines. Fuel pressure at idle is right at 38psi line on on my car.

I have a pile of fuel pressure data using the DW pump on a stock motor / TA49 / E85 car.

In a Buick with stock fuel lines and GOOD WIRING all the way to the pump, including the fuel header wiring being GOOD, the DW pump can readily support 60-65Lb injectors with full 70-72psi fuel pressure in the rail and high boost (25-27psi boost). I strongly suggest using a racetronix fuel pump hanger wiring upgrade. Makes no sense to run a hotwire without upgrading the hanger wiring too.

Here's some data with 80lb/hr injectors

deatschwerkfuelpsi2.jpg

deatschwerkfuelpsi3.jpg

Thanks, that was some very good information.... I have to say that I'm leaning towards the DW pump, but just want to be sure that I make the best choice & have no regrets...
How much is the DW pump set up & how much for a complete double pumper set up?

The Darkside

PM ScotW from GNS Performance. He will set you up.

:biggrin:

Thanks, that was some very good information.... I have to say that I'm leaning towards the DW pump, but just want to be sure that I make the best choice & have no regrets...
How much is the DW pump set up & how much for a complete double pumper set up?

The Darkside

The DW runs $170. The better wiring from racetronix runs $40 or $45.

YO!

I can state with a very high degree of certainty that the DW pump does NOT overwhelm the stock fuel lines. Fuel pressure at idle is right at 38psi line on on my car.

I have a pile of fuel pressure data using the DW pump on a stock motor / TA49 / E85 car.

In a Buick with stock fuel lines and GOOD WIRING all the way to the pump, including the fuel header wiring being GOOD, the DW pump can readily support 60-65Lb injectors with full 70-72psi fuel pressure in the rail and high boost (25-27psi boost). I strongly suggest using a racetronix fuel pump hanger wiring upgrade. Makes no sense to run a hotwire without upgrading the hanger wiring too.

Here's some data with 80lb/hr injectors

deatschwerkfuelpsi2.jpg

deatschwerkfuelpsi3.jpg

I'd like to see the same data on a car running 1k more rpm than these PL files.

K.

I'd like to see the same data on a car running 1k more rpm than these PL files.

K.

Sorry boys, this one is a stocker,

But duty cycle is duty cycle is duty cycle.... and at +80% with 80lb squirts the pump can't maintain high pressure. It fell off to 64-65psi.

I have another project with more RPM and more turbo. It's definitely getting a double pumper.

We just ran a 10.03 @133.21 with the D.W. pump. Pump gas and two nozzle alky sytem. Had a lean out issue, but that was caused by a corroded fuse. Can't run any faster due to no certified Chassis. I enlarged the stock fuel system by eliminating all the Saginaw fittings in the entire system. Check my posts on how to do it. It is real simple and increased the diameter of the return line by 300%.

We just ran a 10.03 @133.21 with the D.W. pump. Pump gas and two nozzle alky sytem. Had a lean out issue, but that was caused by a corroded fuse. Can't run any faster due to no certified Chassis. I enlarged the stock fuel system by eliminating all the Saginaw fittings in the entire system. Check my posts on how to do it. It is real simple and increased the diameter of the return line by 300%.

Congradulations on the time...that pump must be working pretty good for your combo.... I'll take a look into modding the fuel lines, but would definely prefer to just install a new pump & not have to mod anything. Will also look into adding a second alchy nozzle too...

The Darkside

Ken, I tried to do a search in your posts, could not find it, can you help us out?

Sorry I didn't include the link. I'm using my phone and my thumbs is too big to do this accurately. I used steel compression fittings and just cut out all the Saginaw o ring ends. The stock return line is only a 1/4 o.d. with a tiny tiny I.D. were the oring sits. It was a HUGE increase in diameter even though it doesn't look like it.

Dennis' car runs strong. It runs 10.03@133.21 as he drives it on the street. Search my thread "It finally runs" for more details. It still runs a stock ecm, Eric Marshal chip, 3.5" MAF, 85 LB. injectors, 6765 Turbo with a 3" down pipe and three mufflers in 2.5". But it is a Big block V6. (274");)

which fuse was corroded....?

Bob

We sell the in-tank DW pumps and have not had one customer report that they had return line issues. In fact we have had several customers call back to compliment on the pump and how quiet it is.

I would also to mention that Richard Clark has done his own independent testing on the DW pump and he is very impressed with it's performance..

For Info / purchasing--------->
GNS

Scot W.

Fuel pressure at idle is right at 38psi line on on my car.

Still haven't answered what the idle vacuum is. If its only 10" of vac, and line-off fpr is set at 43, then the sotck return system is adequate for this pump.

If idle vac is any higher (assuming line-off = 43 psi), then the stock return system is a restriction and keeping the pressure high.

Still haven't answered what the idle vacuum is. If its only 10" of vac, and line-off fpr is set at 43, then the sotck return system is adequate for this pump.

If idle vac is any higher (assuming line-off = 43 psi), then the stock return system is a restriction and keeping the pressure high.

Line off pressure is 45-46psi. Idle vacuum is 14"Hg. BLMs are tight on 128 across the board (129 in idle cell).

Would this pump be able to supply enough fuel for my combo running 25 lbs boost & spraying alchy via single nozzle or would the new DW pump be a better choice?
(Ruled out the new Walbro pump due to it not being available till the end of the year...)

The Darkside:cool:

Line off pressure is 45-46psi. Idle vacuum is 14"Hg. BLMs are tight on 128 across the board (129 in idle cell).

45 - (14/2) = 38. So it matches with what you are seeing on your gauge. I think this definitely says with your configuration, the return is not a restriction at idle.

Would this pump be able to supply enough fuel for my combo running 25 lbs boost & spraying alchy via single nozzle or would the new DW pump be a better choice?
(Ruled out the new Walbro pump due to it not being available till the end of the year...)

The Darkside:cool:

At 70psi and 13.5 volts, this Siemens pump will supply about 62 gph which is about enough fuel to fully support 60# injectors at 25 psi boost and 100% dc.

At a more reasonable 85% dc, it's enough to supply 70# injectors, roughly.

This pump is about 6 gph more than a W340/00169 and 4 gph more than a Supra pump under those same conditions.

But it's still about 10 gph less than the $500 Apexi BNR 32/33 Skyline pump, so if you're looking for the "best" in-tank pump (unless you include the Jay Racing Pro-series 044 or $450 Bosch motorsports 413 external pumps mounted in-tank which flow about the same as the Apexi).....