What is the oldest car you saw today?

BuickMike

Money pit
Around here almost all cars on the road are less than 10 years old. Most are 4 door sedans. With gas prices what they are, most people are driving econo boxes. So when I'm lost in a sea of blandness on the road I look for anything built in the last century. Even cars from the 90's stand out. I rarely see anything from the 80's or before.

Today I saw a real clean late 80's IROC Z.

Last weekend I was in southern Cal and the weather was beautiful. There was more old school muscle on the street than you could shake a stick at. I also saw 2 Fiero GT's in a 2 block area and both looked like new.

So, what did you see on the road today that stood out?

I worked the hwy's for a living and I can't even begin to tell you how boring it is looking at today's cars. THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!!! No distinctive features like it used to be. Needless to say I was more than refreshed to see older gentleman driving his Teal Green 1996 Chevy Impala SS. Often overlooked muscle car

ha...

seen a stock 31 ford model A jumping the pass at 30mph just chugging along on its bone shakin 4 banger.... was really quite neat. the guy drives his ford to work once or twice a week.

I saw an 84 Hurst/Olds yesterday. Not too terribly clapped out. Sounded good too.

Down here, lots of older stuff rolling around. Many 67-72 gm pickups, mustangs, though I don't see too many fox bodies like I used to.

I saw a two tone gray 1984 Pontiac 6000 today. LOL, little asian lady driving it.

Saw an old Chevette today in the parking lot at the local health food store. It was a 4-door, faded silver gray, no rust on it at all, but had alot of dings and dents in it. I remember back in the day there were tons of Chevettes running around here- they were pretty good cars!

Wow, Chevettes. I knew a guy with a Diesel one. I'd rock one of those and run it on bio diesel. There was a guy that came to Sears with a Citation when I worked there in the mid 90's. It was clean as a whistle and had a 2.8 V6. We called it the "Citation GT".

Today I saw an early 80's Ford Fairmont...remember those? :) The thing was so rusted out that you could literally see the floorboards hanging down underneath of it! Iowa no longer has an inspection law, but that thing shouldn't have been on the road!

I see a '63 Rambler every time I go in my garage, does that count? :D If I go to my bud's, I see a '48 Crosley wagon!

I drove my 97 silverado to the shop and got stuck driving the pride of the fleet to the job site, 84 F-350....
Stopped by the body shop on the way back, the owner was working on his Model T...

i saw the 47 Chevy 1.5 ton grain truck parked out in the back yard today..
but that hasn't left the yard in over a decade..

The loaded 57 Bel Air at my buddies shop today. I bolted on most of the engines external parts to the freshly rebuilt 283, tomorrow we drop it in. Pretty original car, great that there are no rusted bolts.

My '92 Olds was the oldest car that I can recall today. There's so many flippin' Asian cars around here I want to puke. Seems 90% of the time I'm behind a Honda and being followed by a Toyota.

MeanBuicks said:
My '92 Olds was the oldest car that I can recall today. There's so many flippin' Asian cars around here I want to puke. Seems 90% of the time I'm behind a Honda and being followed by a Toyota.

Why is that?

Today I saw an early 80's Ford Fairmont...remember those? :) The thing was so rusted out that you could literally see the floorboards hanging down underneath of it! Iowa no longer has an inspection law, but that thing shouldn't have been on the road!

My grandpa had a Mercury Zephyr Z7. This was a 2 door coupe that was poo brown with wood paneling and burnt orange interior. When he passed my cousin inherited that car. A couple years later it was offered to me, but I passed. I kick myself for that. If I would have known it was a fox body chassis (ok, so the fox body was the Fairmont chassis) I would have taken it. That car hauled ass. It had a "interceptor package" and I could have sworn the motor said something other than 302, like 309. That part may just be in my head.

Alright, so I'd rather hear about what you caught in traffic. I can drop by any resotration shop and find something cool. I'm talking about what you saw on the road.