What is the stupidest question that was asked about you TR at show or cruise?

well this past weekend i heard......

Look he even has a roll bar (my car doesnt have any bars/cage)
howcome it doesnt have the twin turbo option
is this a turbo diesel?

"thats a syclone motor, right?"
"I thought only grand nationals had the intercooler"
"it would be faster with a v8"

A friend of mine has an 86 T Type and this just some crap Ive heard him repeat.

I have heard, That is a cool looking turbine! when a local looked under my hood. Where I live hardly anyone has ever seen anything like this car before. One guy actually told me today when I was at the tire shop that he has a 4 door model! I got a good chuckle to myself on that one. Also people at work seem to think I got my hat from Jiffy Lube!

I always get the usual dumb questions....Gotta love living in an area where there are so few Turbo Buicks and so many p/u trucks...:rolleyes:

"It would be faster with a 350"
"Where's the NOS?":rolleyes:
"What year SS is it?"
"Why did you put a V6 in it...Didn't it come with a V8?"
And the list goes on and on......Made it even worse at one of our local cruise-ins when I had a Pro Street MC SS park next to me. The idiotic comments really started flying then. Also had a bunch of disbelievers when I said the SS next to me was slower than my Buick. Of course then I got asked what it runs....:D Shoulda seen the :eek: looks I got when I said best pass to date....7.26 @ 95.6 (1/8 is all we have around here)....I love the :eek: looks I get when I drop that info on them..:D :D

them: does it have a V8?
me: no, turbo 6
them: oh:(
me: :rolleyes:

also

them: thats an SS right?
me: no
them: does it got a 350
me: no
them: oh, if it did it would be a LOT faster

also

them: you got NAWWWS in that monte or something?
me: no just a 6...with turbo
them: ya right!
me: ok:rolleyes:

also

them: those GNs ran like 12s stock!
me: not quite:D
them: YES THEY DID MY FRIENDS FRIENDS BROTHERS DADS FRIENDS DAD HAD ONE 10 YEARS AGO THAT RAN 12S AND HE SAID IT WAS STOCK!
me: hahaha!

also

them (looking at the engine): awww a V6 thats it?:(
me: its got a turbo
them: you're gonna put a turbo on it?!?!
me: its already got one! right there (pointing to turbo)
them: ya right thats not a turbo

and

them: the V6 is nice but you just cant beat the HP and TQ of a V8
me: :rolleyes:

there a lot more but those seem to be the funniest.:rolleyes:

Let's see....the stupidest question.

Couple of years ago when I was showing my car, one of those practically naked 18 year old female models came up to me and said....

"Hot car." Then looking me right in the eye she said, "Hot guy." She continued with, "Can we have sex in your car?"

What an IDIOT. As if I was going to get my car dirty.

:)D :D :D )

In my T a guy walked up to me a couple weeks ago when he saw me putting the ttops on, (back when it actually ran) apparently he saw the guages, and bubble hood and stuff, he was like
"wow is that a GN?"

me "No its a Turbo T"

him "oh, you should got a GN. they were Turbo charged"

me "so is this"

him "oh well they had intercoolers and everything"

me "this is the same motor"

him "no the GN's were much faster"

me "okay, wanna race?:D "

him "no, my mustang is only stock it runs 14's"

me "mines stock too, it runs 12's"

a ricer in a TURBO talon one day pointed at my breather and breather by pass kit and stated DUDE YOU HAVE 2!!! air cleaners, later in the same conversation he was like YO whats that (pointing at the turbo)

the guy was friggen turbo charged his self and did not know what a turbo was:rolleyes: man we need more smilies

ive gotten the whole, dude its a twin turbo before because im not running a heat shield, but me favorite thing to do is look some one right in the eye and tell them i have 110 hp and that strange whisle and bad cam loap is because my cars a pos

Originally posted by equalizer442

but me favorite thing to do is look some one right in the eye and tell them i have 110 hp and that strange whisle and bad cam loap is because my cars a pos

Especially on the ricer boards. :D :D

The other one I like is when I go to car shows I put on my radiator support and fan shroud my:
1983 Regal Owners Manual
1983 Buick Dealer Sales brochure
1983 Buick Advance release buyers guide
1983 Buick ads
1983 T-Type sales brochure

And what is the one of the first questions I get??

What year is this?? UUUMMMMM 1974?? Do I win??

This past summer at a car show, a guy looks at my GN and asks, "Isn't this that car you can take the chip out of and then run it 'till it blows? My uncle had one and it really went fast without the chip but then it blew." :rolleyes:

He then mumbled something about an IROC-Z and wandered off. :p

what are they thinking?

"that a clean SS you got there"

"what's that whisle i think you have a vacumm leak you better have that checked"

"oh it's just a buick" (one of my personal favorites)

"what's in this a V-8" (no officer it's a V-6 :D ) "rev on it for me, yes that doesn't sound like a V-8 it would be faster with a I-6 though slow it down i'm giving you a warning" (this was when i got pulled over after playing with a "souped up " cavalier did't know there was such a thing and one more thing i got pulled alone not the chevy just my luck )

"is that one of those GNX car things?"

"i have a friend who know someones uncle who knew a GM guy who had 2 GNX and a national and never drives them"

"aren't they faster with the V-8 seem like a waste for it to have just a V-6"

i guess some of the people won't ever get it? thats cool it's just that much more fun for turbo buick guys to have!! :D

After smacking around an LS1 Camaro:
"What you got in that?"
"Stock turbo V6"
"Really?"
"Yeah, you heard of a Grand National?"
"Yeah, I thought they were all black"
"They are".

I had a guy convinced that my two outer head lights that are removed and replaced with air intakes inlets were a new generation factory ram air, and the bad thing was the guy behind me backed me up with a part number:eek: ;) :D :) :cool: :p

Funny stuff!!!

ive heard a lot of stuff to in my TA.. i dont wanna hyjack your thread so i wont post.. but man there is some ignoarant people out there!

the guy at little caesars pizza stares at my car whenever i go up there and he tells me how him and his dad had one once and how you can just rip off that thing under the turbo, the wastegate, and it will be a LOT faster. he said they did this on his dads car and it was super fast until it got wrapped around a tree. he said the wastegate was for emissions purposes only:confused: he might come to the darkside though b/c last i heard he was looking at a couple GNs in the area:)

A tire mechanic pointed to my EGR valve and asked if that's the blow-off valve :rolleyes:

He also asked where the distributor was. I had to explain what the black box was at the back of the engine.

Oh well, at least he did a okay with aligning my tires...I hope
:eek:

OK a little off tpopic because I hae a TTA, but I have hear some of them...

Thats a GTA right?
Yea
Why doesn't it have the 350TPI... those were fast.
this is the fastes thirdgen.
No way... its only a V6!

Whats that? (Pointing at the Turbo)
Its a Turbo.
Oh its supercharged. Cool... but why only a V6?

Why did you buy it in white? Black looks so much better.

Oh and this happened at a car show in Chillicothe.

Sceen: My bother has a Red 89 RS with 98SS wheels and Leather seats with Ratchet shifter, lowers a little, Cowl hood and a healthy 294 Dyno proven RWHP small Block.
My Friend has an 87 Z28 with some goodies and an 125HP NOS system on a 4bbl 305 with headers and othe common stuff(245 RWHP on same Dyno).
Then me with my basically stock 89TTA(301 RWHP on Dyno) with no badges excpet on the windhield and Sail panels.

So ok, people are walking by and talking about them saying how fast the car with NOSSSSSSSSS must be and wondering why mine has a V6 in it. Hear it about 25 times.
Then one jack ass comes up ( who is wearing a mustang shirt no less) and ask So, which one is faster. T which my bother points to mine and sayes it runs low 13s if it hooks. My friend Nods
He replies with..." Its only got a V6 in it... your lying... I bet the Balck on is faster"
To whci I reply... what do you have?
Stock 99 Cobra... Faster than any of these if a V6 is the fastest.
To shich I point to the timeslip setting int eh passenger compartment readin 13.21.
He laughs and said his Cobra ran a 8 something.

gee you would think someone that races cars would know you dont reach 100+mph in the 1/8 LOL
Ok maybe this sint so much stupoid about the car as just stupid people, but I hear all these things all the time about why am I so proud of a V6, why did I put a V6 in a GTA, that cant be as fast as your borothers V8. Oh, but you firend has NOS.
GRRRRRRRRRRRR

I do miss the sound of a V8 when we drive around and everyone looks when they rev their cars and all I can give is a high pitched whistle that sounds like a vacume leak.