What is the stupidest question that was asked about you TR at show or cruise?

I own a hot air that has been modified

How much did it cost to relocate your turbo and why would you take out your intercooler (from someone who owned a 87 GN)

Was the roll bar a factory option (I of course replied yes)

Nice Buick Monte Carlo.... Okay??? He then proceeded to tell me Buick made some Monte Carlos??

And it's a clone cause that interior with the power 6 emblem wasn't in any car but the GNX...

all GnX had super chargers not turbos

I have found it 's actually more fun to agree with them then to dispute them. They tend to go away then.... LOL
:cool:

just did a search and it came up :)

I love when the owners of stock 79 camaros tell you to put a 350 in it. ;)

Great thread , heres a few more: People on this board, " my stock grand national will out handle a high dollar gnx" and always another board favorite : vaccuum brakes are far better than the stock powermaster units" also Them: why would you waste your money on GNX SUSPENSION . Me: do you know what a gnx is , or is worth: them: total silence lol wait theres more ummm okay car show them : i didnt know they made touch climate control for these cars . and why do you leave the keys in the ignition? me : it has a tech lock them : so someone could hot wire it if they wanted it. me: no they cant. - followed by a big argument lol

"You should have bought the supercharged version instead since they were faster". Believe it or not I've heard this one twice....... :rolleyes:

Buddy's G/f lookin at an 87 T-Type's analog dash: This car only goes up to 85mph??
Me an my buddy: Yes

Some guy: I didnt know they made a turbo monte.
I've fixed that for this year w/ a big heatsheild w/ GRAND NATIONAL on it.

No one likes my car til they take a ride...after I've gunned it til the dash is blinking, everyone loves it.

Someone mentioned the t-type an t-top confusion. My dad still thinks all T-Types must have t-tops. I'm like "Dad, dont you understand?? They are different WORDS!" *Smack*

White Elephant

DimWitt: ".... Why did you paint your Grand National white......." :rolleyes:

(I have a white T-Type)

and "...Grand Nationals are much faster since they have a turbine........"

:rolleyes: Alan

" i had one of those turbo V8 grand nationals back in 85 "

" my mom had one that came factory with two turbos and lights on the hood scoop that said turbo 1 and turbo 2, but you really had to mash the gas to get the turbo 2 light to come on. "

" he uses that laptop to turn the boost up and down. "

I was at the drag strip about a month ago and saw a GN run,so I went to find the driver.I found his wife standing by the car and she told me how it was all stock and not as fast as their old one with....get this......FACTORY INSTALLED NITROUS!I wanted to laugh in her face.They own a GN and know nothing about them.

Originally posted by kes610

" my mom had one that came factory with two turbos and lights on the hood scoop that said turbo 1 and turbo 2, but you really had to mash the gas to get the turbo 2 light to come on. "

:D :D This one gets my vote for the best one so far. :cool:

my mom had one that came factory with two turbos and lights on the hood scoop that said turbo 1 and turbo 2, but you really had to mash the gas to get the turbo 2 light to come on. "

I agree..I actually laughed out loud.....

My car isn't ready yet, but I talk to people at shows and I get called a liar for saying my GN will be in the 1000hp range. They tell me there is no way a 6cyl can make 1000hp. I gave up even telling people and i'll just wait till I bring it to a cruise with an 88mm turbo and the motor pic in my signature and hopefully some timeslips.;)

well lets see...

at the last club meet a guy asked if it was fast.... i said yeah its the slowest one here, he then asked if it was super charged? no, its turbo-ed oh! how much did that cost you? it came on the car... thats not factory... :rolleyes:

at a car show a guy was telling me that the turbo didnt make the car fast but the intercooler is what made the cars fast, it did the same thing as NOSSSSSS

at another car show, a guy was explaing to his signifigant other that the turbo worked by 'sucking air out of here (the up pipe) propelling it thought here (the turbo) and spitting it out here (the air filter)

some big bad middle schoolers walking down my street, while i was putting in my seat braces:

kid 1: ah man what if some one closes you in there
Kid 2: does this thing have NOSSSSSSSSS?
Kid 3 ah man this thing is slow it only goes to 85 mph.

at the local speed shop i was getting a fitting for my fuel pressure gauge, which ended up being the wrong one, the guy wanted to see what i was mounting it on:

Random guy looking at my car: does this thing have a blow off valve?
Me: no these cars dont need them they are auto...
Speedshop guy: these cars have one.
Me: no they dont, not from fact...
Speedshop guy: yes they do, its right here (tapps the EGR valve)
Me: no thats the EGR valve
Speedshop guy: no thats the blow off valve
Me: no its not
Speed shop guy: it is trust me i know my buddy has one.
Me: ok, your right im wrong :rolleyes:

picking up the pizza
Pizza guy: nice monte, is it an SS
Me: no its a buick
Pizza guy: got a tree-50?
Me: nope, just a 6

RADIO SHACK: (getting parts to make the WinALDL adapter)
Clerk: what are you doing to your car?
Me: im building a interface cable so i can read its mind
Clerk: oh :confused: monte carlo right
Me: nope just a little buick 6 banger
Clerk: oh
Me: i would place money on it being in the 13's
Clerk: :eek:
Me: :D

at a gas station
guy next to me: hey a GN those were fast
me: yeah its nice
yeah i had a GNX with t-tops
me: i thought they were all hard tops
Guy: it was the only one, it was a fluke..
me: oh yeah whatd they have under the hood i forgot
Guy: twin turbo v8 with a 6 speed manual
Me: nice
more i cant remember right now...

-Neil:rolleyes:

I really think we need to start going off on these stupid people out there, do our part to educate these stupid ass idiots. I'm looking forward to the next person that tells me "Get rid of that V6 and put in a 305 or 350 if you want to make it fast":mad:

Is that a supercharger?
me: yes, it's a new vortech hybrid thats not belt driven

that's a 1988 right they made those after the GN's

why did you build a fake GN?

I used to have a GNX
me: what #?
I don't remeber i did alot of work to it then sold it

Why don't you put nos on it?

Why does it have the jiffy lube symbol on your car?

Why do you have a chain with the jiffy lube symbol on it?

My friends GNX came with a ice box for the fmic

you know whats gonna suck, when i get my TT SBC on the street, with the few others that are out there, and these missinformed people have actually seen a gn with a small block, then you won't ever be able to set them straight :)
Grant

Yo is that a paxton??? (geeze it even says Garrett in BIG letters on the side!)

That didnt come like that from the factory... (yeah it did)

Yeah I had an 80 TTA man it was faast!! (a 16.8 1/4 mile is fast to you???)

Didnt these have 6 speeds... (Yeah I just cut 2 off)

Why is there only 6 plug wires... (cause theres only 6 cylinders)

I had an 87 GTA it was just as fast (no it wasnt)

You should hook a NAAWS system... (no thanks, i like my pistons where they are)

Id mention the ones that I heard when I had my GN but they have basically already been said...

"Yo, you got that white Grand National right?"
(I have a white Turbo-T)

"Hey what does this do?" Guy points to the turbo and procedes to touch it. (I just turned the car off) Then he procedes to tell me "Damn that thing is hot!" I told him I guess you'll leaen now not to touch other peoples cars. lol.... what a moron!