What is the stupidest question that was asked about you TR at show or cruise?

Neighbor: My buddy had one in '84 that had a nascar motor in it.
Me: Really, did he buy it that way?
Neighbor: Yes, it was the fastest car I have ever rode in. What year is this.
Me: 86
Neighbor: Oh well, at least it looks like it is fast.
Me: Thanks.

Several years ago at a car show at Lake Tahoe, my GN, my buddies cherry, red, white, and blue Rambler Rebel Machine. One guy starts over to take a look, his buddie say's " one's just a Rambler and the other one is only a six."

i get a giggle when they look at the laptop and say, "thats for the nitrous!" or "nice stand alone fuel management system" LOL

I really think we need to start going off on these stupid people out there, do our part to educate these stupid ass idiots. I'm looking forward to the next person that tells me "Get rid of that V6 and put in a 305 or 350 if you want to make it fast"

you can't argue with an idiot, they only drag you down to their level and beat you with experience! lol

Was at Quaker Steak&Lube a few weeks ago.Was backing car in ,I hears"man thats sounds good,350 right?
me..no a v6
them ..really? you sure
me..you want to count the spark plugs:D

You should tell those guys "you think an 87 is fast? wait until you see what an 88 can do!" heh.

just say it

I just say its an 87 now, i really dont give a hoot. Most dont know the difference anyway. Drives me nuts when they put down my 86.

Originally posted by BlackBuick84
Buddy's G/f lookin at an 87 T-Type's analog dash: This car only goes up to 85mph??
Me an my buddy: Yes

Some guy: I didnt know they made a turbo monte.
I've fixed that for this year w/ a big heatsheild w/ GRAND NATIONAL on it.

You know they did make a turbo monte .

Originally posted by Bruce Davis
Originally posted by BlackBuick84
Some guy: I didnt know they made a turbo monte.
I've fixed that for this year w/ a big heatsheild w/ GRAND NATIONAL on it.

You know they did make a turbo monte .

Be careful. The new heat shield may not keep you from being misidentified. Likely they will just start calling your car a "Buick Monte Carlo" or a "Chevy Grand National" like I've heard my car called a couple times at car shows. :D :D

Oh well. None of that stuff bothers me. I just laugh. :)

hah recently,

i was in a parkinglot at night, a 5.0 wanted to race me. all his buddys were crowded around my car and one skinny short mexican guy who looked like he could have bene 30 chimes in and says

"Hey man wachu got under thehood? 350?"

lol

i just said "yeah a 350 2 bbl"

and he was like "man u should put a 4 bbl on there, it will go faster"

lol my friends couldnt stop laughing.

than i made up this story about how a 2bbl gave me better gas miledge and it was actually faster than w/ the 4 bbl i had on before. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by kes610

" my mom had one that came factory with two turbos and lights on the hood scoop that said thing 1 and thing 2, but you really had to mash the gas to get the thing 2 light to come on. "

Sorry to hijack your post kes610, but I had a Dr Suess moment:D

When I go to carshows, I have a little write up about my car, so I don't encounter these morons too often. But periodically, I hear
"nice monte" :rolleyes:

The usual comments around here involve all the "playas" with pimped out Cutlasses. Here's my favorite.. "Yo man, nice Regal. Wanna sell it."
me:not really
Them: Oh, come on man. I'll give you top dollar. I gots to have it. Regals are sweeeet with dubs.
me: OK, make me an offer.(I'm thinking at this point if this fool gives me enough I can replace the car and have some parts money to boot)
Him: I'll give you 2G's right now.
Me: (laughing hysterically) You have no idea what kind of Regal your looking at do you.
him: Yeah, a Buick Regal. Dog, if it was a Grand National it would be worth a lot. Those are rare.
Me: Dude, it's a Turbo T. Same car as a GN but in other colors. Him: No sh*t. Does it have the V6 turbo?
Me: Yes.
Him: That's cool. I got a GN with a V8. It faster than sh*t. (Author's note, I know of the car he speaks. It was a parts car roller he bought from a friend. Total basket case.)
Me: (knowing this guy hasn't got a nickel in his pocket.) That's cool.
Him: Dog, I gotta have your ride to add to my collection. Name your price.
Me: $8000 ought to buy it.
Him: Cool, can I make payments?
Me: No,have a nice day.