You can type here any text you want

What is this a relay for ?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Attachments

• B0A96C15-2985-4B46-A22C-2DCD9F05641B.jpeg
    B0A96C15-2985-4B46-A22C-2DCD9F05641B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 284
That is for the radiator fan. I just replaced mine. I googled the numbers on the side of the relay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AC relay is on the Passenger side. I believe its the one closer to the firewall and the other is the fuel pump relay.
Your picture is the fan delay relay. Leave it un plugged.

The one you're holding in the picture, is the radiator fan's Delay Relay. It is a horrible design and is an unsealed relay that rusts and causes the fan/fans to run on high speed at 3am and kill your battery when it starts to fail. Seriously though, listen to what John has to say about the relay setup. This video is chock full of useful information that everyone should know about.

I would leave the Delay Relay double connectors disconnected, tape them up and ride.
I just went through this with my own car, as well as my last 3.
No issues when disconnecting the Delay Relay.

-Patrick-

I just replaced my relay because my fan will come on with the engine cold and vehicle turned off. Is it going to continue to do this with the new relay?

That relay is designed to run your battery down while you're sleeping. Just get rid of the damn thing like most of us have.

I just replaced my relay because my fan will come on with the engine cold and vehicle turned off. Is it going to continue to do this with the new relay?

As mentioned previously, disconnect your Delay Relay, the big one with two connectors and leave it disconnected. If you just replaced one or both of the other relays beside it, (High Speed and Low Speed relays) you will be fine. In your case, if you leave the Delay Relay connected, there is a 100% chance, you will still have the same issue of your fan coming on in the middle of the night / when the engine is cold and running the battery down.

-Patrick-

Back