You can type here any text you want

What is this noise? Help..crazy ticking noise

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Its a TA49 ... but when we say TA49 people look at us like a deer in headlights with out even looking at it ..like they dont exist just like you did. So in leau of ending the convo or that portion of it Trav just agrees with you to move on.

Thank you for the kind words. It was a pleasure to meet you as well, we will see you around sometime soon. We dont do many Thursday nights ...friday is a hell of a beast to wake up to when you've been out all night. :)

We will get the ttype squared away if i have to haul the damn thing to Mississippi to get it fixed, its gone get fixed..properly. :)

Have a good one man.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I checked it on my 400, but many yrs ago. The damage may allow the crank to do the "main brg boogie", and thus be detectable at idle. Enough "slop", and it will start twisting the rods sideways.
I discussed tests w/ the op last nite.
Cut the filter open.
Check crank end play.
Check balancer.

Thanks for the phone call Chuck - we will check all items as suggested soon as this weather lets up and will be getting back in touch with the findings.

I know its been a little while but we have been busy little bees with the TR.

Here was our problem with the knocking noise that wouldnt subside attached. #2 & #3 rod bearings.

Also the tranny has the orfice already installed. Now that we have completely tore the motor down off to the machine shop we fo.

I just wanted to give an update ... will continue to post.

Attachments

• 1396923077695.jpg
    1396923077695.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 160
I know its been a little while but we have been busy little bees with the TR.

Here was our problem with the knocking noise that wouldnt subside attached. #2 & #3 rod bearings.

Also the tranny has the orfice already installed. Now that we have completely tore the motor down off to the machine shop we fo.

I just wanted to give an update ... will continue to post.

WOW!! I doubt an oil change would have helped those brgs.........:eek:

Back