You can type here any text you want

What other G bodies have you owned?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
TURBOTWIN2 said:
Have had '78 and '79 El Caminos. Will probably buy another some day. Next one would be nice with a LSx type conversion engine in it. There's one at a used car lot right now with a V-6 and Factory 3 speed floor shift in it. Kinda rare and cool (to me). Be nice with a LS6 and 6 speed. Bought a FAST system for the Buick instead. Priorities.

Same here!

Bought my 78 ElCamino SS with the 350 in October 77. It was the Black Knight package with the tacky decals. I was in luv with that that truck. It was a striper with a straight vinyl bench and crank windows. I really wanted a 4-speed as I traded off my 76 TA 455/4-speed to buy it. On a whim I traded it in on my 79 ElCamino SS with the 305 and auto on the floor and all of the options. Drove the piss out of it. Traded it for the first black 85 MCSS to hit the Omaha area in Sept of 84, thanks to my boss who pulled a few strings to get it. Traded it off in 1987 to buy my 86 GN. I still have the GN and have a 82 Regal as a never ending project. These are the keepers. I must have had a dozen or so other G-bodies in the last 27 years that I parted out or sold to make a quick buck.

You know GM needs to bring back the G-body. Think about it. If there was one car line that had it all, it was the "G". You could get it as an economy car or a hot rod. All of the options or no options and anything in between. 2 doors,4 doors,wagon and even a truck.Just about any engine and transmission combo. Man talk about the universal automobile the G-body was it!

I have had numerous 78 Malibus, Montes and a few Regal parts cars
but my fav was my first one
78 Malibu Classic 305 4 speed, factory buckets, console, gauges, non a/c, F41 suspension car. Never saw another optioned like that.
Put a 350 in it and a wide ratio muncie and a set of 3.42's :biggrin:

First car was an 81 V6 Cutlass Supreme and super clean.

All of a sudden the older hot girls where finding me to go out to lunch and then I ran straight into a pole in my first winter driving.

No more hot lunches for me :(

Past:
1981 Monte Carlo 267 3.73 posi (clean but slow)
1985 Monte Carlo SS 350 LT1 Muncie 4 speed, GN rear (36K miles, sweet, stolen in NY)
1984 Olds Cutlass 231 NA (dog)
1986 Monte Carlo SS 305 N2O Ran 13.0's, now sold
1978 Malibu 454 TH350 GN rear (rough, fast, stolen in NY)
1986 Monte Carlo SS (driver, was Mom's car)
1987 Regal T (Rosewood) wedding gift - now sold
1987 Regal T (Silver w/ T-Tops) 1 school teacher owner, bought for $3K!
1986 Regal T-Type (White w/ T-Tops) Cool, fast, previously owned by METCO
1987 GN Nice car, bought on impulse, now sold

Past and Present

1987 Buick GN
1986 Buick TType
1984 Hurst Olds - Slow Poke
1986 Cutlass - Slow doesn't even decribe it.

Currently have a 1986 Buick TType :p

I owned a '87 Buick Regal. It was a 307 V8 hard top. That was the most dependable car I have ever owned. On a long road trip, I estimated 28 mpg. The car was a turd off the line but it was very comfy to drive. I sold it to get my T.

1.79 malibu slower than pond water
2.86 gn 7.40s 1/8 just minor bolt on's
3.79 malibuick gn drivetrain 10.75 @ 127 fastest thing I ever owned
4.87 turbo t under constuction

Current
87 GN

Past
87 GN - son's car now
86 T Type - friend owns it
84 GN - cousin owns it now
82 Cutlass Calais w/T Tops
81 Cutlass diesel. Can you believe it was stolen with only 5K miles?! Looking back, I can't believe I bought it! Worked at Olds at the time so I got a deal.
78 Cutlass Calais

my past G bodys

My very first car - 1978 Buick Regal
2nd car 1985 Buick Regal
3rd Car 1987 Buick Turbo T Limited

I had a 1987 Pontiac Grand Prix which I bought to Sell
I am part owner of an 84 Olds Cutlass which my brother and I bought to Sell

Back