You can type here any text you want

What plugs are you running?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GN84Turbo

Where'd all my money go?
What plugs do you guys run?

Some people swear by AC Delco or Autolite, but I've heard NGK does well with our cars. I was thinking of running the NGK UR5 (#2771) with a 0.045 gap. This plug is not what the auto store computer reccomends, its runs a little colder than the UR4 plugs.

Any suggestions or improvements? Use a different plug? Use a different gap? Should i go back to the hotter plugs because of my new front mount or will it be ok? :confused:

im running NGK UR5's cant remember the gap right off the top of my head but I think im running .032

What plugs do you guys run?

Some people swear by AC Delco or Autolite, but I've heard NGK does well with our cars. I was thinking of running the NGK UR5 (#2771) with a 0.045 gap. This plug is not what the auto store computer reccomends, its runs a little colder than the UR4 plugs. ......

AC Ddelco 42 @0.032
What boost level are you running?

I guess the AC 42s are about as cold as the UR5s so I'll stick with them. Im going to go with a .032 gap too, lookin to run over 20 lbs of boost, and dont want that flame to blow out! Thanks guys!

when i ran delco i ran AC CR42TS. i also have run 28pounds of boost on .032 gap so im sure you will be good.

Anybody know the torque spec of the plugs off the top of their head ? Going to be putting in a set of 43's this weekend and a set of MSD wires, then turning up the boost.

Jerryl you told me 43's at a tight 0.032 before :confused:

Yeah, ran the 43's during winter months.

A few things factored into the decision. Went one grade colder while battling KR issues. In addition, left them in with the recent record high temps we are seeing. Previous plugs (43's) were a bit light on the fire ring so I went colder. Now, with the 42's, the fire ring and ground electrode indicate they are just about right. :biggrin: sparkplugreading

Sorry, did not mean to give you bad info. :eek:

The NGK UR5s have always run very clean on the car; just took out the plugs on my car...apparently the last time i took it to the shop they put in Autolite 24s, and all were browned with very slight corrrosion build up. Damn it no wonder.....:mad: :rolleyes:

We have ran nothing but autolite 23's for the past 3 years and have no issues, gapped at .032. I run right around 22-23 pounds of boost as stated in my signature. My car has never liked the NGK's or the acdelco's, but it really depends on your set up. Never really pushed my boost much over 26# ever either.

Back