What pump is this

255 LPH high-pressure is the 340 (now 0169)
255 LPH regular is the 307
190 LPH is the 242.

It is the 340 (0169), from the description and p/n

242 is fine for stock setups. Other than that, upgrade to the 255 high-press (340, now 0169)

Buy a Real Wlabro from a Vendor here & not the China knockoff that might be?
Full Throttle or Racetronix have Real Walbro Pumps & good support.

The GSS242 is the one Kenne Bell used to sell for a stock replacement/upgrade, perhaps other vendors as well.

I ran an 11 on mine with pump and alky. :)

Replaced it when I had to swap a leaky tank to a real Walbro 340, 2003 vintage I bought as a spare.

Now the GSS242 is pumping ethanol in my alky. kit. :biggrin:

A good pump back in it's day mines lasted over 19 years continuous use. :cool:

I do use a capful of Klotz lube with it now with the ethanol. ;)

Like I said when I started this thread, I already installed the pump from eBay and wanted to know the difference between that one and the one I removed. Oh, it is a real walbro and not one of the eBay nock offs. I just wanted to make sure it was better than what I pulled out.

Like I said when I started this thread, I already installed the pump from eBay and wanted to know the difference between that one and the one I removed. Oh, it is a real walbro and not one of the eBay nock offs. I just wanted to make sure it was better than what I pulled out.

We have yet to see a Chinese pump which is of a gearotor design. They are all vane or turbine types.

Fuel_Pump_Ident

Did you even click on the link? The pump is stamped walbro! I made sure when I got it. I didn't wright the number down, but I could pull it back out to see. The only problem with that would mean I'd have to put my beer down. I've been around long enough to know Chinese parts are sh$t.

255 LPH high-pressure is the 340 (now 0169)
255 LPH regular is the 307
190 LPH is the 242.

It is the 340 (0169), from the description and p/n

242 is fine for stock setups. Other than that, upgrade to the 255 high-press (340, now 0169)

Thinking about it, I do believe that is the number that was on the pump.

Did you even click on the link? The pump is stamped walbro! I made sure when I got it. I didn't wright the number down, but I could pull it back out to see. The only problem with that would mean I'd have to put my beer down. I've been around long enough to know Chinese parts are sh$t.

Stamps can be easily copied and they have been. The gear technology not so much. :smile: You can see the gears in the bottom of the pump if you look closely.

Wow, fake stamps? Come on. The pump shipped from Motovicity 32655 industrial dr, madison heights, MI 48071. Here is there link Motovicity.com welcomes you!
Probably the same supplier you get yours from.:biggrin:

What are you talking about here???
There have been some Chinese pumps that have made their way into North America which have the Walbro brand on them. This is a fact. Walbro came down on these vendors at the AAPEX show a while back.

LOOK HERE:
100% Genuine Walbro Fuel Pumps from Fuel-Pumps.net

We never specified Motivcity or any other vendor. Buyer beware.

You got that right. Buyer beware. You might over pay for the same WALBRO pump if you don't shop around.

I don't trust Evilbay for something as important at the fuel pump. China knockoffs can be pretty convincing until they crap out.