what should i be doing?

87LimitedT

Just getting started
Just curious on what you guys think my car will put out and what kind of times I could do in the ¼ mile .Im going to dyno my car in a few weeks when my dads buddy gets some time at the shop alls I have done is:

Cold air intake K&N Cone filter
MAF translator with 3” LT1 MAF
Stock intercooler with dutt neck
Stock turbo
Stock injectors
Turbo Tweak 93 chip
Ported exhaust housing with Kirbain style 3” down pipe
3” single shot exhaust with no muffler
Scanmaster
Walbro 340 with hotwire
air bags

Im running about 17-18 lbs of boost write now on the street my fuel pressure is at about 45psi with the line off and 50psi with it on I only show knock when it shifts and its around , I will do this the first couple runs the im going to put it up to 22-25lbs with some race gas and mess with the fuel pressure a little to see what it will do. What do you guys think?

Take your time. Learn to tune.

First off. The fuel PSI should be left at the recomended setting (aprox 43 lbs). Fuel adjustments should be done in the chip. "IF" you are able to run 17-18 lbs of boost on pump gas, I'd say that it's a 13.70 car on a good day. With 22-25 lbs of boost, and more timing, I'd say high 12 to a low 13.00 ET. One reson is, that the stock turbo runs out of poop at about 20 psi. You CAN make more boost then that, but it wont necesarily make more power. At this point, it's just heating the air too much. Not sure if this is what you wanted to hear. I'd say that the best "performance part" that you could get is a data recorder. There is huge power that is waiting to get unleashed in your car. You just need to learn how to unleash it safely.;) Your not that far from being deep in the 12s.

*Knowledge
*Sticky tires
*Alky

Happy spooling.
Mike Barnard

is that 43 psi with the line off or on? iv been running abut 17-18lbs of boost the past few months with no problems at all i rarely get any knock and when i do its usually no more than 3-4 degrees but Im pretty sure that’s why my rear main seal is leaking allot.

is that 43 psi with the line off or on? iv been running abut 17-18lbs of boost the past few months with no problems at all i rarely get any knock and when i do its usually no more than 3-4 degrees but Im pretty sure that’s why my rear main seal is leaking allot.

TT chips like to have the line off fuel PSI around 43. You can adjust it up or down a little to get your block learns around 128 at cruz. then just leave it. All other fuel and timeing adjustments can be done in the chip with the gas pedal and your scanmaster. Only takes a few seconds.

forgot to add you may not have knock driving it around on the street but when your racing its holding it for a full 1/4 mile.. watch for knock!!

i don’t no i do have quite a habit of getting into it when im on a a straight out in the country, its just that iv driven a cousins LS1 camaro with a hundred shot and this car almost seems to be write their with it, it pulls almost as good or close to it , iv spanked him on the street with him not running any spay but thats the street, he usually does high 13’s and mid 12’s with spray, but what kind of horse would it be putting out? I don’t think ill be getting it to the track this year I have at least two big oil leaks and one of the freeze plugs has a small drip coming out on the passenger side,but I will be dynoing it hear pretty soon.

Just curious on what you guys think my car will put out and what kind of times I could do in the ¼ mile .Im going to dyno my car in a few weeks when my dads buddy gets some time at the shop alls I have done is:

Cold air intake K&N Cone filter
MAF translator with 3” LT1 MAF
Stock intercooler with dutt neck
Stock turbo
Stock injectors
Turbo Tweak 93 chip
Ported exhaust housing with Kirbain style 3” down pipe
3” single shot exhaust with no muffler
Scanmaster
Walbro 340 with hotwire
air bags

Im running about 17-18 lbs of boost write now on the street my fuel pressure is at about 45psi with the line off and 50psi with it on I only show knock when it shifts and its around , I will do this the first couple runs the im going to put it up to 22-25lbs with some race gas and mess with the fuel pressure a little to see what it will do. What do you guys think?

I had this combo once minus the 3" exhaust and airbags..... best et was 13.61...and 3 other passes at 13.77 , 13.73, 13.78

so what would i need in order to get me into low 12's high 11's with out using alky and going over 25lbs of boost?

so what would i need in order to get me into low 12's high 11's with out using alky and going over 25lbs of boost?

I added the alky kit and 3" downpipe and go into the 12's then a few other things for me to see 11's....I think its faster but I'm happy and not going to push it any harder.

I added the alky kit and 3" downpipe and go into the 12's then a few other things for me to see 11's....I think its faster but I'm happy and not going to push it any harder.

is that with the stock turbo and injectors

the fastest I ever went with the stock turbo was 12.98...I did have the 60lbs inj but that makes no differance....I only managed it get that time once, I guess the stars and the moon all lined up just right...I then got a new turbo and ran some consistant 12's...

What would you guys recommend me doing to get my car into low 12’s high 11’s I am planning on getting an alky kit soon.

What would you guys recommend me doing to get my car into low 12’s high 11’s I am planning on getting an alky kit soon.

28" slicks, C16 with chip, a wideband, open exhaust, and a 10-15psi launch. Assuming all else is gtg like the fuel pump and sensors set.

See post #15. You need the tall tires and its worth doing valve springs

First off a bigger turbo and injectors.

what would be a good turbo to go with, i will mainly be driving this on the street but as soon as i get it all together ill be going to the track on the weekends, would a TE-60 be to big for the street/strip?also what injectors should i go with a guy in town told me to go with the 60lbs from turbo tweak but that seems like way to much for me.

Well I went with the TE60 I was wondering if I were to put it on now and run 17-18lbs of boost would it be noticeable and if so how much what kind of difference will this make in the quarter mille just by doing this. I’m now waiting to save up and get me a new set of injectors and a matching chip.

Well I went with the TE60 I was wondering if I were to put it on now and run 17-18lbs of boost would it be noticeable and if so how much what kind of difference will this make in the quarter mille just by doing this. I’m now waiting to save up and get me a new set of injectors and a matching chip.

Not much difference. A little but nothing you will notice on the butt dyno. Buy a wideband so you can accurately tune. You should be able to crack off some 11.80's at 24psi and a decent 60'.