What should i look for?

jake616

I am thinking about purchasing my first turbo buick but am not exactly what I should be looking for when buying one. I really like the GN looks, but the turbo regals are alot cheaper.

What is the difference between TR and GNs?
Should I look at certain parts of the car before buying?
What would insurance on one be like?
What are the most common things needing repaired?
Have I made the right choice by looking towards Turbo buick?
Is there catalogs i can get to look at parts for these?

thanks alot!

jake

The only real difference is the GN comes in Darth Vader black, the t-type could be had in almost any color combination in the Buick lineup. Interior trim and wheels are the only other difference. Look at the lower doors, and door openings for rust, the roof pillars for cracks, as well as the deck lid. Mechanically the weak links are typically the timing chain (nylon gears), rear main and valve cover gaskets, and the computer systems can be a little temperamental. Tons of resto and go-fast vendors out there, go to gnttype.org and go to the vendors list....this board can be a great source of contacts and info as well....good luck

Jake over at gnttype.org there is a buyers guide for turbo regals you should read and it's free. :)

Kirban who has a website kirbanperformance.com sells a book that has EVERYTHING you need to know about buying a turbo buick including the types of cars pricing etc.

With those two sources and perhaps bringing a local Buick owner from your area with you to check things out you will be making the purchase of the best car on the planet.

Yup. :)