You can type here any text you want

what to use to tune and keep knock at bay

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojack

I`ve got my eng in shop for rebuild,wipedout mains w/ bad detonation.I thought I had it under control,but I didnt.What do you guys use to keep an eye on things .I`ve heard of a scan tool called LM2.It`ll read air/fuel ratio and show it to you on its own screen and at what ever RPM youre going,,a little pricey at $350,but if it works! I have a scan master now,but not very good at understanding exactly what its telling me,but I`ll just have to get better so I can tune this thing better ---let me know what scan tools you use and what you think of em---thanks,,Jack

If you're overwhelmed by scanmaster, a good scan tool like Powerlogger will really bury you. BUT.... Powerlogger is a virtural necessity for serious tuning. Especially with all your mods.

dont get me wrong about the SM,I just never really took the time to figure it out,I think what I`m really after is a a/f ratio tune tool ,maybe like a wide band or somthing,,,I was just fishing to see what other people use cause I see that I`m going to have to get off my fat a#*&^ and REALLY figure out how to do a really good tune,,,this eng re-build crap is too expensive,even if the car is 95% street---

Back