You can type here any text you want

What Trans Brake Should I Go With??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Slow91z said:
Speaking of transbrakes is there a transbrake that works with the shifter in drive?? The Bat Brake you have to put it in 1st before you launch it then shift it into drive as you go down the track...I don't have a console shifter so this isn't something I can go.

anybody know the answer to this?

This would probably be less cost effective as in drive, the low sprag is on and not the low clutches. There would have to be more added to the trans brake to make the low clutches apply with the direct clutch to hold. Low is the correct position for a trans brake since the clutches are applied as the sprag is "holding" and direct is added to "lock" the internals.

V8'sHAHA said:
I would be afraid on a hard launch I would nail it up into netural.

You wont end up in nutral as they give you a Mod to do to the factory shifter so it wont go past Drive ;)
Its a simple notch that you cut to ad a detent in it. this stops the shifter and to go to Netural or Rev. or park you have to push the botton in :)
Super easy and it works :cool:

looks like no one has lost a sprag either with the stage right.i guess your the only one bruce.

Kevin Mallender

Is in a mental institution the last I heard. And his parents are sitting on the patent. Just goes to show you the pressure and the stress we tranny guys have to deal with. We will all end up in the nut house in the end. ;)
As for pissing me off, I have a car and a product that works. I am not at all insulted at the truth. Facts are facts. To be honest, by the time I build a brake vb and buy all the solenoid parts and the mods, No money is really made, so I do not care either way. As far as the Stage right brake, go ahead, use them. More business in the long run for the rest of us. I have no ill feelings.
I still believe that only maybe 3% or less of our cars need one tho...Any brake.
I turn away 50 to everyone we sell.

But The Bat Brake does work and well at that.
As for us being the only one with sprag failure in a stage right, I have and never will install one. But I see trannys come in all the time with the low sprag rolled or destroyed because of this.
I tend to favor the safety side of everything. And this is one item that can and will cause failure , injury or even death. THEN we will see who is holding the bag at that point. Trust me, one injury and/or death and all will be out on the table. We will then see what happens.
I however, covered my a$$ so that safety was first in mind. :biggrin:

Bruce
WE4
www.PTSXTREME.com

Back