What type of screws to bolt box down in the trunk

B

BlackBuickBeast

Hey guys, I have a box with two ten's. It sits on top of a 3/4inch mdf board on the parcel shelf thing in the trunk. I'm wondering what I should use to secure them to the floorboard, screws or bolts? And also should I pre-drill the mdf for them so it won’t crack?

Thanks in advance

If you are going to mount your box solid then bolting it down it the way to go. I pre-drilled my holes thru my cabinet and through the trunk floor (over axle) and used 3/8" bolts with flat washers in box and split washers under car. Once the bolts where tight, I used clear silicone around to water proof and to keep the holes in trunk from rusting.

You can use screws and "L" brackets if you want but doing it that way is kinda cheesy (some of the local hackers do this in town) and it looks bad :( . If you choose this route then make sure that you dont run a screw into anything because there are some lines underneath.

heavy duty velcro if your box is carpeted and no trunk l;iner or no carpet and a trunk liner...

worked great on my 84 ss monte and prevents too many holes in the trunk..

My box in the GN sits on the parcel shelf as well. There is about 2 inches of space on either side of the trunk lid arms. I drilled 2 brackets into the trunk arm supports and 2 brackets into the box. The brackets screw together and can be easily undone. Box can now be removed in a few minutes plus no holes in the trunk floor. Just a thought.