what wheels look best on a TB

In the Spring of last year I bought a 87 T and had some work cut out for me. After going through the interior and exterior we painted it 2004 Arrival blue, boy body work is a pain in the a$$. I ended up taking off some older GNX style 15 inch wheels and went with chrome Buick wheels off a 79 LeSabre. Take a look...

editPhotos.fcgi

Everyone has their own opinion and you should really get what you like. Some of us (like me) don't care for the drag look since 90% of the TR's I see have the big/little combo. I like something a little different.
The centers will eventually be black, but here are my new ones:
WHEELS

efi, those are sweet. Don't do the centers black, they look great just as they are.

Originally posted by BlackMagic
Damn, what are those :eek: , VERY nice. What are the wheel sizes, tire sizes, and offsets on those?
They are Simmons OM series,fronts are 18x8.5 w/245 40 18 and rears are 18x9.5 w/295 35 18 Toyo proxes T1-S. I believe the backspacings are 4.5 front and 4.75 in the rear . groupAwheels.com is where I got them. I really like the G-machine look so thats why I went this way but, I also like the way walds or centerlines look , ready for the strip.

Hey Black Box,
What do those k27's run for a set? You ever seen picture of those on a TR?

Kinesis quoted me $825 per front wheel (17x7) and $865 per rear wheel (17x10). Custome made per order. Never seen them on a TR, but I love that style. I think the grey centers will provide a nice contrast to the black paint. They are definitely gonna go on my car when I go Pro-Touring/G-machine with it.

They have the Supercups too, but they're cast, and a little cheaper.

Steve

Originally posted by lhbarrett
In the Spring of last year I bought a 87 T and had some work cut out for me. After going through the interior and exterior we painted it 2004 Arrival blue, boy body work is a pain in the a$$. I ended up taking off some older GNX style 15 inch wheels and went with chrome Buick wheels off a 79 LeSabre. Take a look...

editPhotos.fcgi
Link doesn't seem to be working, at least for me....... :(

-Jade

What do you all think about the ZR6? I really want some ZR1's but do not like the Backspaceing I would have to deal with and they cost to much to modify.

choice of wheels

If your car has the low stance (road race look then the simmons 17s look sweet if your like me the stock look with some huge meats out back centerline 15s are the real deal! Can you say CONVO series;)

A guy from the Mobil station here in bedford suggested something a little different. He said instead of getting the black GNX rims that I should try going with a silver colored GTA rim, he said they look absolutely great in contrast with the black of the car. He said he had a freind with them and it was one of the best looking combinations he had seen.
Just a thought if any of you have this setup i would be interested to see what it looked like

see ya

Originally posted by Haynesie
A guy from the Mobil station here in bedford suggested something a little different. He said instead of getting the black GNX rims that I should try going with a silver colored GTA rim, he said they look absolutely great in contrast with the black of the car. He said he had a freind with them and it was one of the best looking combinations he had seen.
Just a thought if any of you have this setup i would be interested to see what it looked like

see ya
I've seen that set up on someones webshots or some webpage, It does look pretty cool.

JP87gn's rims

Jp87gn......just wanted to say...your rims made me cream my pants. Damn those are hot.

JP87gn's rims

Jp87gn......just wanted to say...your rims made me cream my pants. Damn those are hot.

I threw the undies I was wearing away after I bolted them on.:D I've had alot of people say good things about them, so thanx.

Originally posted by JP87GN
I threw the undies I was wearing away after I bolted them on.:D I've had alot of people say good things about them, so thanx.
HA! What kind of wheels are those in the pics in your signature..the black mesh wheels. I really like that combo. Please, what brand/model and what size wheel/tire?

Originally posted by Warp6
HA! What kind of wheels are those in the pics in your signature..the black mesh wheels. I really like that combo. Please, what brand/model and what size wheel/tire?
Look back in this thread! Its all there.