What will it run again i know!

gn_steve

boosted canadian
Hi guys tonight i whent to the drag strip and i got a 15.55 at 89 mph running only 8 psi of boost because i am waiting on my y with the ristrictor so its only pushing 8 psi the combo all stock ta/49 turbo fuel pressure regulator and turbo tweak chip!

My question is when i will put 18psi of boost what do you guys expect my car will run?? Is it realistic in thinking i could drop 2 second of that 15.55??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think it should do better with some traction, if everything is right. I don't see why 12's aren't possible with good traction.

No idea what you would run but will say at only 18lbs boost you're not making use of the performance advantage a Ta49 has over the stock turbo. But before you start turning up the boost make sure you have all the necessary supporting mods in place. Would be good to create a signature listing all your mods.

No idea what you would run but will say at only 18lbs boost you're not making use of the performance advantage a Ta49 has over the stock turbo. But before you start turning up the boost make sure you have all the necessary supporting mods in place. Would be good to create a signature listing all your mods.

I did the only thing i forgot is a walbro 340 pump in the tank so pump with ta/49 tt chip for 91 octane and fuel pressure regulator all the rest is stock!!!

I meant create a "permanent" signature so that everytime you ask for help you don't have to list it and you won't forget to list important mods like fuel pump. Lol.
Also, the amount of boost you can run (without knock) will be limited by octane since you don't have Alky.

So i can look forward to a low 13 high 12 pass???

Just on 93 and 18 psi you will not make 12 sec pass. Get race fuel or alky than you can be in the 11s with the ta49. At 18 psi I would stay with stick turbo. Just my 2 cents. Good luck

Stock turbo blew up so i got this one for realy cheap!! But 94 octane 18psi whont make the car run 12 seconds??

You need a good set of sticky tires for a 12 second pass. You'll be lucky to hit 13s if you're still running the stockish rear tires IMO.

No i have a set of m/t dr my question is with what i have can i run 12's???

Stock turbo blew up so i got this one for realy cheap!! But 94 octane 18psi whont make the car run 12 seconds??

I don't think so with just 18 psi. Maybe if you get a really good 60 ft. But it still going to be hard at only 18 psi. Add some race fuel and add boost you will. Get alky best bang for the buck.. Than turn it up 26 psi you will have a smile from ear to ear:)
I would be happy with that!

You really went to the track an made an 8# pass?o_O

Yes well i was there for a budy of mine and i said what the heck lets see what it will do!! Well 15.55 is what it did lol

I figured, just kidding
Yes well i was there for a budy of mine and i said what the heck lets see what it will do!! Well 15.55 is what it did lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE

No i have a set of m/t dr my question is with what i have can i run 12's???

A street chip & 18 psi will not yield a sub 13 second pass. Sticky tires or not.

I tried in vein to get better than a 13.3x @101 without more boost & timing. Never happened, so I cooked up some meth & fine tuned the alky chip & 11.94- 12.0x's were common.
Leave on 10-ish psi (assuming brakes will hold) & you'll get 13.30-13.40s

Oh, and I was on a dinky 235/60 MT DR when I ran all my times.

A street chip & 18 psi will not yield a sub 13 second pass. Sticky tires or not.

I tried in vein to get better than a 13.3x @101 without more boost & timing. Never happened, so I cooked up some meth & fine tuned the alky chip & 11.94- 12.0x's were common.
Leave on 10-ish psi (assuming brakes will hold) & you'll get 13.30-13.40s

Oh, and I was on a dinky 235/60 MT DR when I ran all my times.

What turbo did you have???