What Would Cause This ?

Lockman

Appreciate and Admire other' s Knowledge
Dec 6, 2018
On my ' 84 , she starts right up ( Always has... Lucky , i 've read ) , Idles pretty well. I 'll drive away slowly , until I see temps at about 175. then on a stop sign start on a 50 mph road , 975 RPM to about 1500 , very smooth acceleration. After that , from about 1500 to about 2500 RPM, she shudders like she's missing & then at about 2500 rpm & higher , she smooths right out again ? Goes right up to 55 - 60 mph 7 runs & drives well . The tranny seems to shift smooth , during all this . Whadda Ya'all think could be possible causes? Thanks , in Advance----Lockman :confused:

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
Yes, I replaced the MAF 2 months ago, with a Remaned OEM GM Part # 74- 7653 ?
Yeah, attached is a PDF download. Reads 6-7 at stop sign Idle up to 67-84 at driving rpm of ` 2300 -2550. Temp at ~ 185 Degrees.
Thanks for any further help you can give. I really rely on ya'all for your experience . I'm new to a Hot air .

Attachments

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
Thanks for the advice.... Any suggestions of where i could purchase a known good oem one ??? I have no clue ...

NyteSnyper

Feb 10, 2018
I think when I was browsing through GBodyParts.com I saw they had a reman one that is supposedly calibrated correctly. Might check there?

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
Well, OK............ I just ordered a new MAF from Gbody. 200.00 soots. ( The one I got two months ago was 75.00 from an old Buick dealership in Michigan ) Here's hoping . I should get it and install on Weds. I'm going to replace all vacume hoses , throttle body ' O ' Rings, & plug wires We ain't gonna know which fixes her up, but I'll let you know. Thanks for your support....
Richie------- Lockman

Lockman

Dec 6, 2018
I didn't know .Thanks anyway ....... The one I installed 2 months ago was in an old 'Federal ' box , with instructions from 1992. they said it was a Reman though. It looks to have a sort of ' venturi " on the inside, with a very fine screen. The original was same size throughout, with a much bigger screen. Almost like chicken wire ? Based on the numbers I was logging , I was getting only high 80's at almost wide open throttle. Do you think GoodBody's is reliable . If so, it would be worth it to me ( I hope i'm not wasting my Dough & Time.) I'm not racing this Rig , I just want it tuned & to run the best I can get it to the original running order, as it came from the factory ? Thyanks, again for your thoughts and help . I'll let you Know........
Richie------- Lockman

Top Bottom