What's a 200-4R worth out of a Monte SS?

ChevroletR

Hello all! I'm looking to get my hands on a 200-4R to build to put behind my 383 and was wondering what would be a fair price for my friend's 200-4R out of his mid 80s Monte SS? Don't know what the trans code is...yet. I've been bugging the guy to let me know. Obviously not a BRF or what all the GN/T use, but does it really matter since I'll upgrade all my internals anyhow? Thanks

Ryan

Hello all! I'm looking to get my hands on a 200-4R to build to put behind my 383 and was wondering what would be a fair price for my friend's 200-4R out of his mid 80s Monte SS? Don't know what the trans code is...yet. I've been bugging the guy to let me know. Obviously not a BRF or what all the GN/T use, but does it really matter since I'll upgrade all my internals anyhow? Thanks

Ryan

The differences between the mcss and tr 200's are the vb, gov, and servo. The internals are the same. The mcss trans with a servo replacement and quality reprogramming kit is he way to go. If you have a high revving engine the KC vb with a GN gov works really well.

Awesome stuff. That's what I need to know...and hear. Now for the second question...what's a MC SS trans like this worth to me in 'running' condition?

Awesome stuff. That's what I need to know...and hear. Now for the second question...what's a MC SS trans like this worth to me in 'running' condition?
$300 would be a decent deal

Lol yes well it sort of is free. Was given a 4L80-E that I once considered and found I would spend way to much money to make it work with a TCM and other electronics and now the guy who gave it to me is going to get half the money and I'm getting the 200-4R from this guy :)

Ryan

Hi, Ryan

I just picked up a car that had an extra trans that is a 200-4R, but don't know what it is out of???? Would you happen to know the code on the trans your picking up as it may help me identify this one???

Thanks!!
Tony...

I'll let you know the code when I go take a look at it. I asked the guys I'm getting it off of and they claim they don't see one anywhere.