You can type here any text you want

Whats the difference?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Cogs

...between the GN engines and TTA engines. I heard that there are a couple differences to make them fit into the TTAs. Anyone know?

As far as I know:
- heads
- intake
- pistons
- connecting rods
- headers
- crossover
- downpipe

Don´t know if there´s more, and I might be wrong with the rods.

/Andreas

If you do a search, you'll find the all dirty details but these are the significant ones.

The crank is cross-drilled, that's the difference there.

The heads and pistons are really the big things. Pistons are a slightly lower CR because of the heads which had to accomodate the a/c unit within the F-Body underhood area.

I'm pretty sure the intake is the same. I put my GN intake on my TTA heads and it fit fine.

There are some other minor differences in the tranny and chip programming.

Essentially the TTA engine & tranny are more similar than dissimilar to a TR.

Originally posted by Lunkan
As far as I know:
- heads
- intake
- pistons
- connecting rods
- headers
- crossover
- downpipe

Don´t know if there´s more, and I might be wrong with the rods.

/Andreas

The rods and intake are the same

Everything else you listed are different :)

Oil filter adapter and oil cooler assembly are different.

Rods have SPS bolts.

Rockers are of higher ratio giving the stock cam more lift/duration.. just slightly

Headers are different

Turbo elbow and exhuast slightly different

IC is different, same as GNX

I found my original plenum to have the casting numbers on it in a different location that one off of a GN. Thos internally they appeared identical.

TAF valbody different than BRF in GN

HTH

julio,

is it true that GM used all the leftover parts from the TR's and Chevettes to make the TTA?

also... did the actual pace cars have a rebel flag on the roof and a big 01 on the side...yeeeeeehawwwwww.

sincerely,

Fast with CLASS

Originally posted by DR BOOST
julio,

is it true that GM used all the leftover parts from the TR's and Chevettes to make the TTA?

also... did the actual pace cars have a rebel flag on the roof and a big 01 on the side...yeeeeeehawwwwww.

Fast with CLASS

I thought that only on Postal's car:eek:

HTH
Prasad

Hmmmm..........

Wicked V6 has a TA with a turbo motor. So he kind of belongs in this forum. DrBoost you dont have a Turbo TA so you should go hang out in the other forums with the rest of the people who aren't cool enough to own a TTA! :D So you go hang out with those dime a dozen black shoe box guys. You know the ones, they're the guys who paint thier cars different colors, put in different interior, change grills, ect to try to make thier car look like a different year or model. TTA guys know what they got and never try to hide it.

When you're ready to step up from a fat in the a$$ old man's car to a performance car let us know, because we'll help you find one.

See you on the street little man!

Jason

julio,

where's daisy duke???????????

:D

Dr Boost.. news just in..

White cars are faster than black cars.. flags or not :eek:

Plus when you drive a TTA.. the chicks are all over you ;)

TTA= Teets Tires and Azz

Julio,
can i twist my spark plug cables in my drill?

postal,
will u stop fussyfooting and change your headgasket.

Prasad,
stop tempting me. if u make that face :eek: one more time, i swear i'll stick it right in there

surej

Originally posted by Razor
Dr Boost.. news just in..

White cars are faster than black cars.. flags or not :eek:

Plus when you drive a TTA.. the chicks are all over you ;)

TTA= Teets Tires and Azz

hahahahahahahahah

Julio,
can i twist my spark plug cables in my drill?

Yeah man.. absolutely.. the chicks will be all over you... actaully you need to stencil "20th anniversary" on the wires.. that will really get em hot..

Paint the car white.. you'll see.. dont forget to do the door jambs.. and must add the pace car stickers on the door.. those are really cool..

Julio

Back