Whats up with my transmission...HELP needed!

southpaw2_4

Okay i have a GN 200r4 and its a great tranny but last night at mission raceway for some reason with my shifter in first the transmission decided everytime it hits 4500 rpm it will shift to second...even if the shifter is left in first but i am allowed to manually shift to third whenever without being forced. What is up here? Last year at ashcroft with the same tranny in i had no problems shifting at whatever rpm without being forced into the next gear. I put in a new B&M shifter but i don't think thats the problem because i can shift through each gear. Does anyone know what is going on? please help because i know i can get a better time than 14.09 and i want my malibu's engine to run a 13 before i tear it out for the new one.

Sounds like..

Shifter isn't going all the way to low. Ck linkage adjustment one more time closely.
Not saying it is, but ck it one more time just to eliminate it.
Bruce
WE4

Well...

southpaw2_4 said:
alright i will check that out. Hmm but what if the shifter is perfectly fine?

Then we move on to plan "B". What is plan B? Honestly, at this point I do not know yet, but we will come up with a plan, LOL
First ck that shifter tho..

Bruce
We4
www.PTSXTREME.com

okay so its not the shifter...i checked the linkage 4 times and everything is perfect. Hmm plan B?

the wrong valve body,governor or rev int boost valve will cause the same problem by allowing governer upshift oil to have a greater force at the shift tv valve and sleeve than that generated by valve land diameter and spring tension and force an upshift into 2nd. :)

lol yea thats what i though!! Nah just kidding. Okay well thats just wierd that last year the transmission was perfect and this year its doing what it is. Can it still be the wrong valve body?