You can type here any text you want

What's wrong with

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mrchris27

I've noticed there are a few folks on this board that have problems with StreetPerformance in Elk Grove. I'm looking to get some work done and wanted to know what is good or bad about these guys. Any help would be appreciated.

mrchris27 said:
I've noticed there are a few folks on this board that have problems with StreetPerformance in Elk Grove. I'm looking to get some work done and wanted to know what is good or bad about these guys. Any help would be appreciated.

Never had them do any work for me personally, but a couple buddies did.. One was very satisfied with the work (even though I though he was over charged), the other was very disatisfied (I though he was also over charged.). I have had Gary give me a price to build up a shortblock for me, and after he spit off a number, I left. :rolleyes:

mrchris27 said:

Could try Pro Trac Racing in Elwood. The owner Dennis runs the stage 2 Buick powered Mustang. He knows his way around F.A.S.T, big stuff, stock ECM, also builds some killer motors for a lot of Chicagoland people. PROTSRACE@aol.com

He's been around the cars for a LONG time, and knows his stuff. He's helped me out a ton and is always very fair on pricing.

The couple of times I've asked him questions, he's been a dick. I was at the track (union grove) and was checking out his son's T with another board member and was asked "what the hell are you looking at", so I replied, just looking, and then I was told to walk away. Needless to say F#@k those A#$ holes that think they are inferior.

Hey Chris

Do you mean... if U see K those that think they are 'superior'? - it was a late night for me.

Anyway the guy may have had to put up with one too many less than respectful real jerks on that day. I've been there. There are a few dicks out there that do good, reasonable and honest work......

Then again, he may have PMS :D ...tell him where to buy some Midol and walk away...dwall

I didn't say that he didn't do good work, I've seen some of the stuff that he does and its nice but you don't have to be a jag to someone who is admiring your work or just wants to ask a question. :rolleyes:

Who you gonna call??

So this mechanic's got a personality disorder. Does anyone have any recommendations in Southern WI & Northern IL that might help out here?

Well, I guess it depends on specifically what kind of work you are looking to have done...

I do all of my own work, less machine work or transmission building..., and most of the buick guys I am friends with do the same...

Depending on what Mrchris27 was planning on having done, and what his own mechanical skill level is, maybe with some helpful advise and guidance, he could do the work himself?

IF you are not the son of Gary ,get out of my way ......that is his attitude...

Unfortunately my mechanical skill level is slim to none. There are things that I would like done but don't know how to do them myself. For instance I'm looking at a new exhaust system from front to back, also a new fuel pump and a serious tune up. Believe me, I love my car, I love getting the old knuckles dirty, but when it comes down to my mechanical skill I wish I could do just half of what you guys can.

Just my opinion but the exhaust is fairly straight foward BUT can be a pain in the a$$. The fuel pump is very simple. I did mine in @ 45mins. The basic tune-up is fairly simple with basic hand tools with the addition of a digital volt/ohm meter. The biggest thing I would tell some one is 1st and formost READ, READ, READ....... Get fimilar with the names or initals of parts. 2nd...Take....your......time!!!!!! Have seen lots of "quick adjustments" go south because I was in a hurry...OOPS!! not me in a hurry...was a friend a buddy :biggrin: . Anyway what your talking about the only thing I would think you really need any help with would be the exhaust..And you can always ask for help on the board, have had tremendous help from these guys.. :smile:

Yeah Gary did some work for me. I was having a too rich condition so I dropped the car off for him to diagnose it. He put stock injectors in it and told me there was something wrong with mine. He charged me $150 for something I could have done. Plus he handed me all my interior screws and egr cover so i could put them back on and one screw was missing Turns out my problem was the chip I was using. Sometimes he can be cool other times he can be a d... He doesn't like to answer peoples questions because he thinks you'll use his info and go through someone else.

Back