You can type here any text you want

Whats your best memory with your TR?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
getting revenge on mustangs (previous car was a 87 camaro) , a woman i asked out on a date told me to drive the GN, i was at a stoplight & a kid asked his father about my car, father commented : "BADD ASS RIDE" .

My first one, first day I got it! Didn't go 5 miles until I had to stop and lay down about 100ft of black marks:biggrin: I was 18 and as happy as a pig in ****:biggrin: :biggrin:

I was dating this hot young 23 y/o (young for me, I was 37). She loved the car and one day it just came out that I had never "dated" in it. Well, that night we "dated" on it, in it and next to it:cool: Of course I was worried about breaking the console and denting the hood.

One of my best..When I lived in Miami ...

Pulled up to a red light next to a White Lamborghini Murcielago. As I was pulling up I looked at the width of the rear tires and the perforated rear rotors and was kinda awstruck at the car.
Pulled to a stop beside it, was checking it out pretty hard and looked in at the driver and the cupcake next to him. He takes a look over at the GN and then leans up and double checks the car and gives me a thumbs up, thought that was cool.
Traffic was not clear so i could smack his a$$ with half the cylinders:D.
Good memory though, did get to smok a Lotus the next week :cool: ....not quite the same but still fun. Lotus guy got pissed :mad:

Goes back to 87-88 with the first one I ever bought (brand new silver 87 T). Used to cruise Greensboro and sometimes Burlington (because Durham was a waste of time and tire rubber) with my best friend blaring George Thorogood through the "killer" sound system. Back then cruising and hanging in a parking lot was ok and the cops didn't bother anybody who wasn't acting the fool. One night some schmuck with a GTA just wouldn't leave me alone, so had to administer a smackdown..The look on his and his girlfriend's faces.....beyond priceless!

12th grade, first time I brought my GN to my high school, three days into owning the car. about 20 of my friends skipped class just to check it out before I went to tech school. I went to tech in the afternoon so we were outside for a hour. It was awesome being the only one with a GN in my high school. A lot of 5.0's and I-roc's wanted to line up with me everyday after school since then.

Have yet raced anyone yet but so far best memories would be a 1000 mile cross trip across half the US, roasting the tires on 15 lbs of boost for half a block until the car spun out and the numerous 100 mph blasts down country roads. Oh, and the occasional cruise in.

My best memory in my GN has to be when I killed a C5 vette about a week after I got my car. He had no idea what hit him as he didn't know what a GN was. I also had the added fun of him talking smack before the race. :cool:

I would say the best thing overall that has come from my GN has to be the friends I have made and the overall quality of people I have met from the Turbobuick community. Guys like Dr Boost, Rick (TurbobuRick), the two Steves (sweet6 and unix_punk) and guys on the forum have been supercool and extremely helpful. The only thing I knew for sure about these cars (after I took a ride in one) was, I had to have one. I'm still in the process of learning a lot of the basics but the entire Turbobuick community has been a great memory maker and I look forward to making some more. :D

This thread actually made me think about "my best memory". I honestly cannot think of one best memory because everytime I'm in one of my TR's it's always memorable. :biggrin: :biggrin: Since my first TType in 1992 to my current stable.

I guess there are more memories with my 86 TType because it was my first one and it was my DD. I remember driving it home the day I bought it. I punched it to pass some slower traffic and the car was instantly sideways. From them I have referred to these cars as two-handers:eek:. I distinctly recall thinking to myself "wow, this is plenty fast. I don't think I'll ever want to do anything more to this car" - It was 100% stock. :p

Besides memories of smoking nearly everything I have ever encountered on the street, I have memories of the powermaster failure on the infamous I-5 in SoCal rush hour traffic. I was trying to figure out how to slow the car and not die and there was a guy in a new 5 series BMW yelling out his window how he loved the car. I would have chatted with him but was a bit concerned about wrinkling the paint...:mad:

I suppose if I had to pick just one it would be when my sisters fiance came back from Navy Basic with his buddies mustang. He had ridden in the T before and had been amazed. So he figured he'd surprise me. His buddies lx mustang had the 5.0 badge but was acutally some modded 351C-at least that's what I was told later. Anyway, we all went out to an abandoned road and set up our race.

I was used to crushing 5.0's so I gave him a car length ahead of me. My sister dropped her hands to start the race and he was gone. So was I.:cool:
I got next to him instantly and I looked over and he was looking behind him. I wondered what he was doing. Then he looked over and :eek: :eek: :eek: the look on his face was priceless. I honked the horn with a quick beep beep like the roadrunner and waved. Dropped the gas to the floor and sucked out his headlights... We still talk about that one...

I love these stupid cars...:cool:

Back