You can type here any text you want

Wheel Adapters / 4th Gen F-Body Rims

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jshilli1

I found a nice set of 4th gen f-body rims (ZR 1 style) I am wanting to put on my t-type.

I have seen a couple of posts around about different manufacturers of wheel adapters. Is anyone running these, there are some at a company called Vette Brakes, another company sells them on eBay. My first question is, who is running these, are you using stock or aftermarket lugs, and what are your impressions?

Second question, are these legal for tech down at the track?

Third question, if you are running C5 vette wheels or 4th gen f-body wheels, what diameter, tire size, and backspacing / thickness of adapter are you using, front and rear? And are you having any rubbing issues, if so how minor/major. I'm not settled on which size of rims to get. 16" IMO looks better on our cars, the sidewall looks a bit short on 17", 18" and larger looks ok on a GN but not so much on a t-type. But the tire size choices are much better in 17". Any additional input would be appreciated. Basically this setup will be for a driver, so I'm basically wanting to improve road handling a bit, not so concerned with strip traction.

jshilli1 said:
I found a nice set of 4th gen f-body rims (ZR 1 style) I am wanting to put on my t-type.

I have seen a couple of posts around about different manufacturers of wheel adapters. Is anyone running these, there are some at a company called Vette Brakes, another company sells them on eBay. My first question is, who is running these, are you using stock or aftermarket lugs, and what are your impressions?

Second question, are these legal for tech down at the track?

Third question, if you are running C5 vette wheels or 4th gen f-body wheels, what diameter, tire size, and backspacing / thickness of adapter are you using, front and rear? And are you having any rubbing issues, if so how minor/major. I'm not settled on which size of rims to get. 16" IMO looks better on our cars, the sidewall looks a bit short on 17", 18" and larger looks ok on a GN but not so much on a t-type. But the tire size choices are much better in 17". Any additional input would be appreciated. Basically this setup will be for a driver, so I'm basically wanting to improve road handling a bit, not so concerned with strip traction.

Here's what mine looks like:
http://home.woh.rr.com/brucesgn/gnpics/

I got my adapters from:
Andris Skulte
skulte@skulte.com

Dunno what's legal for the strip.

I think I wound up with 2" spacers all around. The fronts were 8X16, with a 36mm offset, and 17x9s in the rear, and I think they were the same offset.

I run skultes as well and the product and customer service were great. I'm running a 1.75" adaptor on my car and have run more than a few 1.66-1.68s on them on my 17x9.5s with 315 nittos. They hold up very well. Stock studs should be fine, just make sure you don't have auto parts cheapies in there. I had some cheap studs that came on my mosers and the first time i had to take the wheel back off the adaptor 3 studs were kinda messed up and the nuts got stuck causing me to have to get dirty with the sawzall lol. The new stock replacement ones have held up fine with no problems at all in the last 7000 miles and tons of tire changes for the track. I am not running an Fbody rim for the record (just a set of TT2s that were too cheap to pass up even though the rear BS was meant for an S10 and not a GN) anyways good luck

Back