Wheel Stud Thread

RBruton

getagrip
Went to the dragstrip for first time this year without proper tools and messed up my rear wheel lugs. I'm running the extra long studs that have the stock metric thread and using a stock Turbo T aluminum wheel for my slicks. I believe the lug is a 13/16" but wanted confirmation on what the thread needs to be. If I'm wrong on the 13/16" please feel free to share that as well. I jsut wanted to have as must information as possible when I go trying to find some.
Thanks;
Robert

Not sure- you may be right, maybe not. It may work as 13/16", but is actually metric. Well, at least the studs are metric. I have lugs for a "T" wheel, and they measure 3/4", or 19mm.

Tried to edit first reply, but the MODS WON'T LET ME! If you bought aftermarket open ended nuts to fit the studs, they could be either the stock size, or something else, like 13/16". The studs are going to be M12X1.5, but the nuts can be either metric or American. Maybe even Canadian. So you can get whatever size floats your boat, as long as it fits the M12X1.5 threads.

Originally posted by Nick Micale
You should be able to edit within 15 minutes of posting?

What's the harm for it to be 30 minutes long? A lot of times I'll post something and remember a couple minutes later to add something........then you can't. :rolleyes:

I heard you had a birthday lately, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY) well, the more birthdays you have, the more you'll find that you need a little extra time to remember stuff. Don't say I didn't warn ya. ;)

Originally posted by Red Regal T
What's the harm for it to be 30 minutes long? A lot of times I'll post something and remember a couple minutes later to add something........then you can't. :rolleyes:

I heard you had a birthday lately, (HAPPY BIRTHDAY) well, the more birthdays you have, the more you'll find that you need a little extra time to remember stuff. Don't say I didn't warn ya. ;)

OK, if I can remember how to do it, I will give you [us!] old guys a few minutes longer.:D

And when you lose your temper and call some know it all boardmember a MFn SOB, because they corrected you for some info you gave, they didn't agree with, you'll have a little more time to delete your X-rated response. :D

thanks for the input, the longer studs were on the car when I purchased it along with the open ended lugs. I at the time was not sure of the reason but have learned alittle bit since then. Ormand I believe your probably right on the 19MM socket, my son has been using my tools on his import and never puts anything back so I'm sure I picked up the wrong socket(can't see that well without my drugstore helpers), the 13/16" was all I could come up with at the strip but worked. I have purchase some steel wheels for large rear radials that required the 1" lugs and remembered the stud thread was metric, thanks again.