You can type here any text you want

Wheel/tire expert needed.....help!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Kent Buckles

BBBAAD 6
I have been beating myself to death over this. I have used the search and past wheel threads but am not coming up with any "concrete" numbers to assure me of correct backspace. I have four brand new 16" tires. Mt et streets 255x50x16 (rear) and rikens 245x50x16 (front) I am getting a killer deal on a set of 16" centerline wheels. They are custom made so I can specify my exact backspace when they make them. Can someone tell me what the best backspace is needed to run these wheels with this particular set of tires. I plan on getting 16x8 wheels for the rear and 16x7 wheels for the front although I can get 16x8 for the front to if I need to. Can anyone help with some advice? Thanks in advance!

I have been beating myself to death over this. I have used the search and past wheel threads but am not coming up with any "concrete" numbers to assure me of correct backspace. I have four brand new 16" tires. Mt et streets 255x50x16 (rear) and rikens 245x50x16 (front) I am getting a killer deal on a set of 16" centerline wheels. They are custom made so I can specify my exact backspace when they make them. Can someone tell me what the best backspace is needed to run these wheels with this particular set of tires. I plan on getting 16x8 wheels for the rear and 16x7 wheels for the front although I can get 16x8 for the front to if I need to. Can anyone help with some advice? Thanks in advance!

Get 16x8's for all four wheels. Go with a 4.5" BS. If you can, try to get 9 or 9.5" rear rim.

Do you have the stock suspension up front ?
If so 4.5 to 4.75 works with 8-10 inch rims. 7 inch 4.5 like Jermey recommended.

Hows the snow Jermey ?

This snow BLOWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Literally!:biggrin: We are at 9in and still snowing!

Get 16x8's for all four wheels. Go with a 4.5" BS. If you can, try to get 9 or 9.5" rear rim.

Jeremy- Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I seen you are Power Tour! I am planning on doing HR Power Tour this year too. Springfield to Bowling Green. Maybe we can meet up then! I live just 12 miles from Duquoin Illinois so if I can help with anything on your way through, just let me know!

Excessiv. THANKS to you Too!!!!!

Jeremy- Thanks for the advice. Much appreciated. I seen you are Power Tour! I am planning on doing HR Power Tour this year too. Springfield to Bowling Green. Maybe we can meet up then! I live just 12 miles from Duquoin Illinois so if I can help with anything on your way through, just let me know!

Excessiv. THANKS to you Too!!!!!

Yes definately! We will be going from the start until BG. Well, as long as I dont shred a tire again I suppose!:eek: But I'm comfident I have that worked out now!

Back