When is the next Raleigh/RTP area gathering???

Driving directions to Jordan Lake, Vista Point access

Here's directions from my house...for your personalized directions go to Mapquest, click driving directions and put in North Pearidge Church Road, Pittsboro, NC. from your house. This will get you to the only road in and out of Vista Point. When you turn onto N. Pearidge Church Road(there is a stoplight at that intersection, with a Citgo station on the corner of the westbound lane), stay on it ! All the way to just before the last parking area at the boat docks, you will see two little driveways going to the last shelter on the left. That's where we'll be. This is a state park, entrance fee is $5.00/ car load.

Driving Directions
from 4545 jerry st
trinity, NC To 100 North pearidge church road
pittsboro, NC

Directions Distance
1: Start out going North on JERRY ST towards NC-62 by turning left. 0.12 miles (0.20 Km)
2: Turn RIGHT onto NC-62. 0.58 miles (0.94 Km)
3: Turn RIGHT onto HOPEWELL CHURCH RD. 0.45 miles (0.73 Km)
4: Take the I-85 N ramp towards GREENSBORO. 0.17 miles (0.28 Km)
5: Merge onto I-85 N. 18.04 miles (29.03 Km)
6: Take the US-421 exit, exit number 126, towards SANFORD. 0.87 miles (1.40 Km)
7: Merge onto US-421 S. 25.68 miles (41.32 Km)
8: Take the US-64 exit, exit number 171, towards SILER CITY/PITTSBORO. 0.27 miles (0.44 Km)
9: Turn LEFT onto US-64. 21.19 miles (34.10 Km)
10: Turn RIGHT onto N PEA RIDGE RD. 0.08 miles (0.13 Km)

Total Distance: 67.47 miles
Estimated Time: 1 hour 24 minutes 54 seconds

I will be there weather permitting.
Conrad Carter
Albemarle

anyone wanting to convoy?

Quick update: Sharif and James are now doubtful. Sharif is doing a transplant in his WE4 and James got into an argument with his GN. (he has had the worst luck with that car: I think he needs to just return it home to me) And SloGN-man: I ordered the alky kit today. Between you and the other two meatheads I just had no choice......see youze guys Saturday!!!!!

alphaenvirmgt said:
I will be there weather permitting.
Conrad Carter
Albemarle

anyone wanting to convoy?

You could hook up with me and SloGN(Patrck) on Hwy 64 in the Asheboro/Ramseur area. I will probably ride with him, and leave my Ty at his house, my wrist is no where near ready to drive that far yet (not even supposed to be driving yet at all!)

alphaenvirmgt said:
Sounds good. What time and where?
Conrad
We will need ro leave Asheboro area no later than 9:30am. I'll let Pat tell you where, he knows that area better than me and he can email you his cell number

Conrad

Conrad

I can meet you @ around 10:30 ish sat if you want to caravan to the lake.

here is my cell # (336) 736-1165 we can meet @ the gas station beside Blue Mist restaruant rite outside of asheboro heading towards ramsuer.

give me a call to let me know to wait or to just head- on out thanks

I know where the Blue Mist BBQ is so that will be great. Let's hope the weatherman is all wrong and the weather doesn't rain on our parade. Keep our fingers crossed for clear sky. Is this a "rain or shine" event? My t-tops will NOT like the rain!
Conrad

FYI, my cell phone number is 704-467-1310.
Conrad

It's a rain or shine event

Conrad

The last event it rained pretty good but we stilled had a good turn out despite the rain. i'm gonna go regardless unless there is a flood :eek:

In case of rain (flood)we will postpone until Oct 22. We will make the decsion 8am on Saturday morning, and post it on the boards. Light rain and cloudy, no problem, we'll be there.We have some folks in the area close to the lake(Kevin, Pat will call you in the morning and see what it's doing down that way) to check and see what it looks like on their end. Weather reports now have rain on into Sunday...guess all ya have to do to end a drought is clean up your ride and plan an event

Wake County
TODAY: Rainy. Some Heavy.
Highs: 75-77.
Winds: SE 5-12 mph.

TONIGHT: Rainy. Few Heavy Downpours.
Lows: 78-70.
Winds: SE 5-12 mph.

TOMORROW: Cloudy & Showery.
Highs: 76-78.
Winds: S 5-12 mph.

TOMORROW NIGHT: Sct. Showers.
Lows: 65-67.
Winds: SW/N 5-10

translation: still rainy but how bad nobody knows. Pat my home# is 919-382-5543 (I don't always remember to turn my cell on during the weekends) If we do this on the 22nd when can we reschedule the disassembly party?

Count me in too. If raining, I won't be driving the Buick.
No the rain won't shrink or hurt the car.
BFG DRs don't like wet/damp roads.
Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Rain, Rain, Go away and come again another day.

Gary

At this point, Saturday doesn't look clear...We have another option..if it is raining in the morning, we could do this Sunday instead. Let's hear thoughts on this, what's better for everyone? Sunday or Oct 22? My home number is 336-431-8295 in case anyone needs to reach me.

Cheryl, Patrick and I are playing "wait and see". We'll talk about it about 8'ish tomorrow morning and post what we decide.

I cannot come this Sunday either.
Conrad

ps...rain won't work...DR's and leaking T-tops

It's clear here and there at the moment,so we are proceeding on with today, we should arrive at Jordan about 11:30am :)

I'm coming if the weather cooperates here in Stanly County. Will convoy with SloGN in Asheboro at 10:30 at Blue Mist. Will check this board before I leave at 9:30.
Conrad