When is the next Raleigh/RTP area gathering???

Reschedule?

It has rained all day so far in NE Raleigh. So the kids and I have decided to stay home. Do we want to reschedule for the 22nd?

Despite the weather getting to the lake, we all (5) enjoyed ourselves. No rain at the lake! Cheryl (and son), Pat, Conrad, Kevin, and Gary ???? (from Greenville, NC) were true soldiers and made the trip. Cheryl grilled GREAT hamburgers for everyone.
Conrad

btw, DR's really don't like rain!

Nice to meet Conrad and TurboAndy, and see Kevin & of course Pat.Gary, where were ya? The weather cooperated and it actually was sunny and hot most of the time. Yeah Conrad, I noticed you slowed up during the heavy rain coming back, AWD sure was nice during the downpour. BTW, Did ya see the cop w/ radar on our lane when we came into Ramseur? I was running almost 50 in a 35mph, when I saw him pull out I figured he got me, was glad to see it was a car behind us, LOL! Hope everyone made it back safe,I will go ahead and try to put together a letter to try to get us instated into AutoFair as GM Turbo6.

notice how the weather NEVER fully cooperates when we try to do these lake events? Oh well, better luck next time I suppose. It was good to see you again Cheryl, hope the wrist heals soon so you can slap Patrick around :biggrin: Look forward to next month's gathering and stay tuned for info on the 2006 beach trip(s)......

Well Damn I can't believe you guys had such good weather. The sun came through once here at my house late in the afternoon. The rest of the time the sky was black and some sort of rain falling. We'll see what happens next month.

Sorry I missed it, still trying to resolve the "argument" I had with my car... Actually it was my car arguing with a turbo cayenne :rolleyes: , it won that one, but an argument with a deer quickly ensued. I'm gonna go ahead and call that one a victory as well, cause I was driving like a jacka$$, the car is not too beat up, and I'm not dead. (I had to pull the bumper and header panel anyway to put the new front mount in :rolleyes: ) I'll be there for the next one, Buick or no Buick.

Cheryl,
I "saw" the police car early thanks to my radar detector. I don't ever leave home without it! AWD would be nice...let me know if you EVER think about selling your Typhon! Not that I want you to sell it. Drag radials are NOT meant for heavy rain even when not accelerating.

I was great to meet you, Kevin, and Andy (sorry about forgetting your name...you will eventually understand that one of my major faults is not being able to remember names. Other than that, I'm perfect.)

I will invite Teri and Mike Collins to join us at our next gathering.

Conrad (the old guy)

As soon as all this rain ends Typhoon will be getting as good a bath and polish job that I can do one handed! I detest seeing it dirty :eek: , at least the GN is nice and cozy under the carport. Pat and I sat around today trying to think up all the NC GN SyTy owners we could . Everybody think about where the next monthly meet will be, time rolls around fast

probably time to move it back your direction, unless the idea of a thanksgiving get together might appeal to anyone. I make a wicked fried turkey. Patrick: I should have everything we need to dismantle the beast next weekend (studs,gaskets,chain,bearings, pickup screen, and so on) And Cheryl I do have one of those hood pads set aside for you.....

Communicationw via YahooGroups (e-mail)

Gang,
I have set up a YahooGroup for us to use to communicate with everyone. Everyone will need to go to www.yahoogroups.com to join. Our group is called "GM_TURBO6". Note the caps and underscore!

Group Name: GM_TURBO6
Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/GM_TURBO6
Group email: GM_TURBO6@yahoogroups.com

This will enable us to send e-mail to the "members". We will not have to depend on members to log onto www.turbobuick.com to find out what we are planning.

Conrad

PS...if anyone doesn't want to wade thru the Yahoo software, just send (alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net) me your e-mail address and full name and your handle and I will set it up for you.

I signed up today. Pretty neat, you can create yur own photo albums for member viewing, as well as have chat sessions. I'm going to post this group on the boards so that NC owners may go and join in.

Fastcars, have you signed up on the GM Turbo6 Yahoo mail list yet? We've been bouncing some ideas for gatherings there. It is for all NC, lower Va, upper SC & upper Ga owners

I can sign anyone up. Just need your e-mail address and your handle. e-mail me direct at alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net

Conrad

ps...we have 12 car owners signed up so far

Conrad I shot you an email to sign me up on the yahoo list. Does the yahoo list send posts to my email address? Thanks

gathering

I think cheryl is having the nov. gathering.Raleigh might an option in dec. Date and time should be posted on yahoo groups (GM_turbo6).Hope to see everyone there.

Unless someone else has ideas for November, I am willing to host. We can either grill(need input here guys!) or do potluck/pre turkey day GN/SyTy Thanksgiving. We could also make it a shine up gathering, and everybody bring your favorite cleaning/polishing stuff, rags and plenty of elbow grease. :biggrin: Mid Nov, Nov 12 would be a good day for me. So...what does everybody want to do?? :confused: Restaurant somewhere or my house?

I've been pushing for the "pot-luck" everybody bring something theme this time around. Andy: any thoughts about moving the december gathering closer to your direction?

Details for the November meet have been posted on the Yahoo GM Turbo 6 mail list and calender. So if anyone hasn't signed up yet, GO DO IT! :eek: See the detailed post about the NC/SC area board right here in Southeast Forum