You can type here any text you want

Where can i find a chart that displays Cam RPM, Power and Torque Converter Range/spec

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Where can i find a chart that displays Cam RPM, Power and Torque Converter Range/specs.
i have been in EVERY one of the vendor's sites and i can't seem to find much info on the cams besides "this is our most popular one"

i DO NOT know how to read a cam spec card and determine what all that means.
But i do know how i want my car to work and when i would like the power to come in at.
thanks for your help guys.

no list like that around. use the kiss method.

It is a package,look at desired engine RPM, Target HP and target et and choose from their:cool:.This board is very helpful:wink:.The best advice I ever got was always error on the small side.Too small will always work better than too big:rolleyes:

Kevin

I can tell you that a 210/210 cam can pull to around 5900-6000RPM.

I can tell you that a 210/210 cam can pull to around 5900-6000RPM.

With a lot of engine and a lot of boost. In a stock headed application under 25psi it will fall way short of that.

DD looking for Easy 11.50s
3000 stall LU TC
Ported Heads
Bigger valves
Smallest journal bearing turbo necessary to run the ET.

DD looking for Easy 11.50s
3000 stall LU TC
Ported Heads
Bigger valves
Smallest journal bearing turbo necessary to run the ET.

How much RPM do you think you need for your tire / gear / torque converter combo?

My stock driveline / stock torque converter car traps 115 @ ~5400 with 15% converter slip and a 28" tire.

You probably want an intake duration in the 206-210 range. Definitely not any more than that. Smaller is better for the ET you are shooting for.

turbopowered, just curious. Do you know what your car weighs? I've been following your build for some time now.

the TCI calculator says 7.696% Could this be right?

Yes it could be right. Pretty decent number actually....

My PTC 9.5" non-lock slips about 7-8% at 128MPh in my black car.

My stock D5 slips about 15% at 115-116MPh in my blue car.

If you use a multi-disc lock up conver it should show nearly zero slip when it's locked through the traps.

crazy, with the new PTC converter in my car slip comes out to 1.635 :eek:

Back