Where do these people get thier money from?

wlaukaitis

3rd Member
Hi,

Ya know, I look around and I see fairly young people (not more than 40) on TV or even locally that seem to have truckloads of money to put into their cars. Did you ever see the car shows on speedv? I am sure you know that custom dashboards with 10" LCD screens are not cheap. You SBC people know what kind of motor you can build for $2000, and you also know that modding a ricer is large amounts of moo-laa. I have seen wheels for $4000 alone!!

Where do they get it from? Maybe I don't see the whole picture?

Tell me where to buy a money tree.

Bill

most of the time its mommy n daddy....where i live the kids are all about puttin thier parents into debt so they can have a sweet ride.

Well iam fairly young (20) and i have roughly 17,000 invested into my car but not from a money tree , lots of saving i work full time and go to college full time and it has taken me 2 years to get the car to where it is now and iam still not done, I know a few ppl like that too and honestly dont know what they do but i dont think everything they do is legal if you follow me :rolleyes: but some just rub off of mommy and daddy i know a friend that got the brand new 35th anviesary camaro ss for x-mas the most i ever got for x-mas was speakers for my car ;)

I know around here, most of that type of money can be traced back to drugs.
I would like to see another explanation of how someone can afford a $40,000 stereo system in a $500 car with $5,000+ rims&tires and a $8,000 paintjob. I know uncle Sam doesn't know about it and what big ticket items can you actually buy without him knowing nowdays.

i sell drugs. well legal ones the the FDA knows about and i cant put that kinda money in my car!

Damn legit jobs dont pay for crap!

:)

Dathan

BTW this is where i work www.trimedica.com

A lot of people you see with "bling bling" cars live in apartments not much bigger than a good sized bathroom in a crappy area.

The same people who have the newest giant HD TV, expensive clothes, many pairs of $500 sneakers(why???), and other stupid crap. The ones who are "legit" are usually 30 grand in debt.

In a nutshell, they are retarded.

Originally posted by victa1
A lot of people you see with "bling bling" cars live in apartments not much bigger than a good sized bathroom in a crappy area.

The same people who have the newest giant HD TV, expensive clothes, many pairs of $500 sneakers(why???), and other stupid crap. The ones who are "legit" are usually 30 grand in debt.

In a nutshell, they are retarded.

Well said. :)

Most of the time that i see broke people, I see there wives dont work. Heck, I know 1 guy that after working 10-12 hrs, he has to go home and make dinner for the wife that dont work and feed the kids. F... that.

Its called financing. Be it credit cards, loans, whatever. Most of what I see around here is people in debt up to their eyeballs. Theres a few young guys (under 21) that come around when we cruise, and they will have just bought a body kit, or wheels, or whatever, and I ask them how they afford it, and its usually credit cards. I try to tell them that they are screwing themselves over, but the temptation is too great. They get that first credit card, with a $3000 limit, and think, hmmm, what can I buy with $3000? Rims, stereo, etc. Its not just cars though, around here we are seeing a lot of younger people buying VERY expensive homes, and they aren't making that much. You go inside and they have nothing. Like maybe one couch, 1 bed, a crappy TV, and driving a clapped out old civic. The are mortgaged out the butt, just to be in a "higher" society. Its funny, I go to a 1/4 million dollar home, and they can't afford my services (furnace repair), or throw a huge fit when the bill is over $50. I'm like, dude, your house costs $300,000.00, you may have to spend a couple bucks here and there for maintenance and repair. Idiots. I also see alot of young people filing bankruptcy. Its sad, no one seems to know what responsibility is anymore, and everyone thinks they deserve the best life has to offer. So what if you make $6.00 an hour? You should still be able to buy a benz. Right.

Most of them are probably in debt up to their ears, they lease the Escalades, and live in the box it came in.

Most of the 18-22 year old kids around the Houston area who have very fast cars are rolling on mommy and daddy's money.

the thing that pisses me off about this subject is that even though i work full time and make decent money for my age ( 21 ) , im still afraid to go n buy a nice car for fear of having to be in debt n make those damn monthly payments. am i bein paranoid about monthly payments or are they not that bad?

I think it depends on the car and how much you put down intially, you talking about leasing or financing? all i know is cars are very expensive just blink and bam $1,000 is gone.

You see it all the time where sixteen people live in the same studio apartment and take turns driving the Caddy that they pooled their money for.

I remember being alot younger once and working as a survey rodman in Mesquite, NV. One day, while burning in the 120 degree heat, swinging a sledge to drive rebar through new asphalt for centerline markers until I couldn't lift my arms......all for 6.50 an hour when two 16 or 17 year old kids roll by in their 'blinged' Caddy.......I almost went to prison that day.

im talking about financing...in my opinion, leasing is a waste of money. your paying almost the same dollar amount as you would if u financed it. except at the end u give back the car..makes no sense

what would be your guys opinions on what i should do..... i still live at home so i dont pay rent. never miss a credit card payment. make between 1500 and 1700$$ a month.... should i buy new? used? lease? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

When they live at home till 20 something, with no rent/mortgage what else do they have to spend their money on.

When I was in consumer finance (small loans) I started working for a company and the office I took over did financing at a local tire/auto accessory chain. I cut that off quick, the moron who got let go was up to his eyeballs in bad credit decisions.
The kids get grandma to cosign for a loan, or take it out in her name for them, with the understanding that they'll pay it. The salesman tells her that she's just "signing for" the kid, but it's not really her debt. 3 mos later the kid stops paying, he's in school with no job, or it's part time and not enough $$ to garnish. Grandma is on social security, so no good option there that won't make you look bad in the eyes of the community. What do you do? Put the balance between two slices of bread and eat it. Grandma and kid now have bad credit and no one pays for crap.

So yes, it's all credit. Bad credit. You should have to have an IQ test and a license to obtain loans and credit cards.