Where does EGT connect to PL I/O board?

wb's87

willrock
I am installing a PLX-EGT sensor and module. I have searched the forums on here and on full throttle but I cannot find out where to connect the analog cable from the EGT module to the PL I/o board.

Thanks in advance, Bill

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Thanks turbbodave. So I have everything connected and the egt reading on the pl only rises to about 200 degrees and stops. Did I do something wrong? Does the sensor have to be calibrated inside the pl software? aim reading .12 v at the analog output pin on the PLX module which seems a little high for 200f.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I had nothing but trouble trying to get the EGT to work on the PL. There used to be a EGT "amp". I never got mine to work. I tried different probes too.

Ya, I'm not sure about EGT stuff since I had a good gauge, and could never find an amp that would work. Bob might be able to address this area. I'm pretty sure the analog inputs on the PL require a 0 - 5v signal and I don't know what the PLX amp puts out. Try and get ahold of Bob and see if he might have some insight.

I have one connected and had mucho problemas getting it to work for a few years. I recall something about the probe had to be a grounded unit (?). Look on the FT site for info.

Mine has never been accurate :mad: and for that reason, I use it for comparison. :rolleyes:

I tried grounded and ungrounded probes and it still didnt work. I spent a lot of time on FT site and it seemed pretty much everyone had trouble getting it to work. I would probably just use a stand alone if you want an EGT.