You can type here any text you want

where should i start?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

85betty

ive inherited a bone stock 1985 buick regal. been drivin it for about a year now and its my baby. im eighteen years old and plan on joining the marines when i graduate. Soon as i get some cash flow i wanna start building her up. Im askin all you guys that know your buick inside and out where i should start? Alot of people tell me the way to go is to find a GN motor and just bolt it up, but i wanna use the engine thats in it. its only got 79 thousand on it. itd be highly appreciated if i could get some feedback.

thanks guys

Welcome aboard first off. Second, understand that the car is classified as a hot air or HA car. They arent quite as fast as the intercooled cars but are neat to say the least.

I honestly will tell you to start reading in the HA section and ask questions. Most of the guys on here are willing to help if they can with advice. Some will BS you just because the can though. there's lots of info on the board and you really need to read the sticky in the HA section. It will give you a better idea of what kind of mods you can do and what it will require.

Also go to your user controls and add some info like location and a sig which tells us a little more about your car. This will help if you need someone to come over and help you with something.

Welcome Pilgrim!...

The first thing to learn about on these cars, are to read and then read some more, and when you're finished w/that, read some more!:biggrin: Knowledge is the key to long life and happy driving.:cool: Just cruise thru the forums and you will understand why.

Ask questions as you are learning, it will prove to be a short-cut to the latest advances in performance.
You can start by going to Vortex Buicks & Turbo Regal Web Site

Again welcome!:biggrin:

Back