You can type here any text you want

Where to buy TCS 9x11 billet converters?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cuda6pak

Which vendors would sell the TCI 9x11 converters? I think I've decided on a 3200 LU for the following combo.

87 GN, rebuilt motor with forged je pistons, girdle, mildly ported stock heads & intake, ARP rod bolts, studded throughout, comp 208 cam, hooker exhaust, 3" THDP, CPT66BB, cottons FMIC, TurboTweak street chip, 60lb inj, MAF translator with LT1 MAF, hotwired walbro 340

It has a stock D5 converter in it which won't be too fun with the 66, so I figure I'll throw a converter on it and save up for the tranny which will break soon after that.

I was also thinking about a real Art Carr 16930 and a PTS 3200 NLU but think I may have settled on the TCS.

If you mean Bruce's PTS that is a TCS! Bruce is da man for a that!

Which Bruce is that? PTS Xtreme?

Yup.

Why not do the trans & converter at the same time? Take the trans out once and replace it all instead of pulling it twice and having to get the converter rebuilt from when the trans grenades....:confused:

Yup.

Why not do the trans & converter at the same time? Take the trans out once and replace it all instead of pulling it twice and having to get the converter rebuilt from when the trans grenades....:confused:

Well I guess the short of it is that I don't have enough cash right now to get a built tranny on top of a converter and I didn't think driving around on the stock D5 with a 66BB is going to be too fun.

I may just wait a few months and do it all at once though...

IMO...you should get them all at once....yes, you will hate that turbo with a D5

LOL Yes I suggest that too...

Thanks for the kind words Shane. When you read this give me a call, I would like to speak to you :)
CUDA6PAK,
Yes, I would suggest you do them both together as I am coming from this reasoning....
You did say 66BB Turbo, didn't you if I am correct.:) ?
Let's take a pool on exactly how long the trans will last behind the new "increase" in power......See what I am looking at?;)
(You have to have some smarts about you as it appears you own a SmBlk 6 pack car, I am a lover of them myself:p )

Anyway, I hope you took this post as it was intended, both fun and reality, but the long and short is, I am not trying to drum up business, I just try to look at the "Big" picture.:wink:

I would be happy to assist you with your converter purchase, whether it be, you purchase one from us, or at least I may be able to direct you to what it is you desire or need.
Happy Easter everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services
916-739-0510

Thanks for the kind words Shane. When you read this give me a call, I would like to speak to you :)
CUDA6PAK,
Yes, I would suggest you do them both together as I am coming from this reasoning....
You did say 66BB Turbo, didn't you if I am correct.:) ?
Let's take a pool on exactly how long the trans will last behind the new "increase" in power......See what I am looking at?;)
(You have to have some smarts about you as it appears you own a SmBlk 6 pack car, I am a lover of them myself:p )

Anyway, I hope you took this post as it was intended, both fun and reality, but the long and short is, I am not trying to drum up business, I just try to look at the "Big" picture.:wink:

I would be happy to assist you with your converter purchase, whether it be, you purchase one from us, or at least I may be able to direct you to what it is you desire or need.
Happy Easter everybody!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bruce
We4
Performance Transmission Services
916-739-0510

No worries, I see exactly what you're saying and have been debating the whole thing to begin with. I'm just a little impatient :biggrin:

Since I'll be saving up for a new tranny from Brian Hofer, I'm now back to debating LU or non LU :eek:

I'm now back to debating LU or non LU :eek:

street car with racing every now and then a 9/11 LU works great!! Racing lots and hardly no street non LU .. Of course this is only my expert opinion :p 9/11 from Bruce in Melissa's street car .. as in DRIVES the car everywhere .. 9.94 @ 138+ .. yes we need the LU for gas mileage to :cool:

street car with racing every now and then a 9/11 LU works great!! Racing lots and hardly no street non LU .. Of course this is only my expert opinion :p 9/11 from Bruce in Melissa's street car .. as in DRIVES the car everywhere .. 9.94 @ 138+ .. yes we need the LU for gas mileage to :cool:

What kinda tranny you got in there? I messaged Brian Hofer and when he mentioned if I wanted LU that billet parts would need to go in for a mid 10 sec tranny, that kinda scared me away!

What kinda tranny you got in there? I messaged Brian Hofer and when he mentioned if I wanted LU that billet parts would need to go in for a mid 10 sec tranny, that kinda scared me away!

Russ Merritt did the trans with Bruces billet parts.. trans has about 15k of street/race miles :p

Back