Where to buy...

02WS686GN

GM EFI Founder/Editor
..the brackets for the GMPP strut tower brace for a '98 GTP. For those that don't know, GM sells the strut tower brace for these cars..only they don't actually bolt up to the strut towers..:confused: I saw a gentleman with a set on his '98 GS Regal and he told me he got them from ZZ Performance. Only I come to find out ol' Zoomer doesn't carry them anymore..(?) Anybody have any suggetions or have a used set for sale? The GTP is just my beater/daily anyway, so I don't need brand new/show quality stuff here.. Thanks.

-Rick

Don Rome makes the adaptor brackets but if you are talking about the front take a look , if there is a square peice of foam glued to your strut tower it is covering the holes it will bolt too , not all cars came drilled - you could also just drill the holes yourself

Don Rome makes the adaptor brackets but if you are talking about the front take a look , if there is a square peice of foam glued to your strut tower it is covering the holes it will bolt too , not all cars came drilled - you could also just drill the holes yourself

Yeah it doesn't have that foam piece.. It amazes me how inexpensive the whole GMPP suspension upgrade is, like $200+ dollars for the front and rear sway bars, strut tower brace and rear trailing arms with all the hardware. You gotta wonder how much more it would've cost GM to just install it on the supercharged cars to begin with.. :rolleyes:

Yeah it doesn't have that foam piece.. It amazes me how inexpensive the whole GMPP suspension upgrade is, like $200+ dollars for the front and rear sway bars, strut tower brace and rear trailing arms with all the hardware. You gotta wonder how much more it would've cost GM to just install it on the supercharged cars to begin with.. :rolleyes:

it is a great improvement for the price

What suspension upgrades would y'all recommend for a 98 GS?
Where is the best place to purchase?

Thanks

What suspension upgrades would y'all recommend for a 98 GS?
Where is the best place to purchase?

Thanks

the gmpp kit mentioned above is a great bang for the buck , pace performance usually has a good price on it

gmpp used to offer a 4 way adjustable koni strut w/vogtland spring combo but it was discontinued - occasionally some low miles used sets come up but the next best would be kyb agx's w/ vogtland springs

Does the kit work on a GS?
I looked on Pace site and it only showed the tower & HD swaybar for the Regal.