Where to get brass freeze plug kit?

Turboholic87

You feeling lucky punk!
Tried all the auto parts stores azone & adv auto, summit, fullthrottle with no luck. Even TA performance only lists a steel plug kit for the V6. Do I need to buy all the plugs individualy or what?

Tried all the auto parts stores azone & adv auto, summit, fullthrottle with no luck. Even TA performance only lists a steel plug kit for the V6. Do I need to buy all the plugs individualy or what?

Call Nick Micale @ arizonagn.com i got mine from him. ordered wen night got them friday.

brass is the only way to go as the steel will rust and fall apart.

Good friend of mine had to trailer it up

And go back home (wasted trip) this past season because a steel plug had corroded through and started leaking.

And go back home (wasted trip) this past season because a steel plug had corroded through and started leaking.
and how long did that steel plug take to rust thru?
did it rust from the outside in- in which case, why didn't it have paint on it?- or did it rust from the inside out- in which case, why was the antifreeze not preventing that from happening?

i have had one rust threw on my car. mine rusted from the inside out. yes it took 20 years but if there was brass ones in there i would have never had to pull the motor. It happend over night at the 2006 WCN and that wasted my weekend :(

and how long did that steel plug take to rust thru?
did it rust from the outside in- in which case, why didn't it have paint on it?- or did it rust from the inside out- in which case, why was the antifreeze not preventing that from happening?

This is a Stage II eng.--Rusted from the inside out--probably never had anti-freeze in it. Probably been in the block since the mid 80's.

Hsd one rust out reciently got the brass ones from postons 2 sets still have one kit had to remove trans to do mine were on the back of the block go with the brass youll be better off

I just spoke with P.A.W. today. They have them in stock @ $10.95. Part # was PIO PE137B. (818) 678-3000 for sales.

Thanks for the info guys, NAPA said they could have it here tomorrow morning. I'll go with them since they quoted me something like $7.

I just spoke with P.A.W. today. They have them in stock @ $10.95. Part # was PIO PE137B. (818) 678-3000 for sales.
that looks like a Pioneer number- which means that you can take that number to any parts store and get the same parts.