You can type here any text you want

Where to get front tubluar control arms?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Good info there thhe only problem is that I am shooting for 1.5 to 2" of drop for the front and with that set up, it is designed to have a stock stance. I wonder if using taler BJ's and lowering springs will throw that geometry off?

Give them a call tomorrow. I remember they wanted me to lower the car more and add spring rate. My car is a driver and I did not want too harsh of a ride, or speedbump problems. They were very helpful on the phone through my projects. They know what they are doing when it comes to handling.

No problem, just some food for thought.

The economy 12" rotors (90 1LE Camaro) and 75 Firebird calipers will not clear a GN wheel. T-wheels are ok. Also it adds around 3/4" to 1" track width total. Most of the brake kits I have seen, including ones using G-body spindles increase track width. I use rear GTA wheels on my front to bring it back in. The b-body spindles are cheap and easy to get at the boneyard.

JDPLOLZIN - I lowered my car almost 2 inches when I installed new lowering springs, ZQ8 Blazer brakes, shocks, tubular a-arms, sand blasted and repainted lower control arms and energy suspension bushings in the front. Full HR suspension and lowering springs went on the rear. The car sits great, handles very good and stops better than ever. The front-end alignment required a shim pack but worked out perfectly. I think the wheel/tire combination has to be figured into your plans to get the right stance you are looking for. I run rear GTA wheels on the front with 1" spacers and 245/50/16 Cooper Zeons. GTA fronts are on the back with a 1/4" spacer and BFG 255/50/16 drag radials. Handling is not as good of course when the drag radials are on but in full street trim I run 245/50/16 Cooper's on the rear.

PS - your upgrades sound great. I am only sharing what worked for me. I looked at Global's stuff and liked it but I am on the East coast and did not want to ship it from the West. I too weighed the options for lower control arms and could not justify the $400 min for a pair other than looking really cool. Good luck with your upgrades.

Back