Where to mount EXTERNAL PUMP?

scot w.

GNSperformance.com
Like it says above. I'm looking for some ideas on where to mount the external pump for best pump performance and the least noise. please post your pics of pump placement and tricks for making them quiet. Thank you!

No matter where you mount it be sure to use thick rubber or other type of insulating material between the pump and clamp. Also you can use isolators from the clam to the mounting plate or place.
I used rubber under the 2 clamps that went around the Bosch 15 amp pump.
The 2 clamps has 4 mounting holes, which I installed 4 rubber isolators in.
Isolators are mounting devices that have a round hard rubber center with threaded studs coming out on both ends.
The other end of these isolators were mounted on an alum plate just slightly larger than footprint of the isolators.
I then mounted the alum plate to the bushing on the gas tank bolt that holds up the passenger side of the gas tank.
I can't hear it running inside the car and it is hard to hear the pump running when you are standing outside the car.

Hope I haven't confused you too much. Just wish that I had a picture to send you but I don't.

Gary

My Weldon is mounted in my trunk.
I made a peice of plate aluminum to bolt to it( tihas 2 mounting holes on the underneath side)
Then i used 4 MSD rubber islolaters to mount it to the floor.
You can still hear it though

Like it says above. I'm looking for some ideas on where to mount the external pump for best pump performance and the least noise. please post your pics of pump placement and tricks for making them quiet. Thank you!

I still think you'd have been money etc. ahead by going with staged dual in tank walbro 340's. They'd have fed your motor.

Fuel Pump Mounting Location

I mounted my SX on an aluminum plate, using the isolators for the pump, and mounted the assembly to the verticle rear wall of the trunk, in front of the rear bumper. You can't hear it and you can't see it without going under the car.