You can type here any text you want

Which A/C Switch?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turboc87gn

Darkside in Detroit
I converted my gn to r134 and it idled and blew cold ac....The second i touched the gas pedal the compressor locked up and snapped my belt :mad: I added oil as it was noisy and i never used the a/c before and it quieted up i thought all was well till it locked up.....
I went to the boneyard and found a gm" pancake" compressor that i could use just to freewheel...Well i tossed out the old compressor:rolleyes: and when i went and bought a new one (2 years later) guess what theres metal plug in the back where the high pressure switch goes....The boneyard one was welded shut in that spot...

I call oreileys and they say theres 7:eek: different switches it could be 5 they have in stock 2 that have to be ordered..they go by color which one is correct for the gn?

I do this every frigging summer. Send me a PM and I send you my numbers and hopefully help you out. A/C isn't that hard guys and I don't mind helping. Just remember the KISS method. Keep it simple stupid!:biggrin: No insult intended here.:)

Back