You can type here any text you want

Which aftermarket fans do you use?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I'm in the market for an aftermarket dual fan set-up to replace the stock TTA radiator fans which are about worthless IMO. I want something that fits like or better than stock, doesn't require a bunch of splicing wires, and pulls some serious CFM. If you know of such a beast, a brand name and part number will be most appreciated!

I have a set of the dual Spal fans that looked pretty close. I have not had a chance to really mock them up for fit, but they are great quality.

For price, you can't beat the Ramchargers dual-fan deal, but I know that will take extra fabricating to get it into a TTA..

I was thinking about the Ramchargers kit myself but wanted to find out from you all if anyone had already been down this path. I was looking in the Reliable Automotive catalog and they have a few duel fan kits that look as though they would fit....just have to take some measurements first.

You could just mod both fans to turn on under ECM control. There is a link floating around here someplace, I just cannot find it at the moment. A fellow poster figured out the wiring harness and where to place a jumper so that the ECM operated both fans at the same time. There is a little connection to make inside the wire loom near the battery using a "factory" splice. It all coers back up and looks stock. It is also reversable and requires no wires to be cut. For the most part you create a common switched ground for both fans. If I could just find that link...

Brent

That's done already....with the switch on both fans run when the ECM asks for just one. Then when I turn the motor off the high speed fan runs for ~10 minutes. I want some higher CFM fans to speed the cool down and to prevent it from ever getting hot to begin with.

JOE-
Ive got 2 sets of those ramcharger fans sitting at home if you wanted to check for fitment- if it fits, just reimburse me with another, or just use mine to see if it will fit-

we could make a plug and play harness too, ive got some connectors from some old fans.
BW

Back