Which Chip

Just do yourself a favor and do not shut the alky off until you have a lot of seat time in that thing.

Just keep an eye on knock and realize that you need to change fueling when you change boost and you'll be ok. 18psi with a front mount and street timing should be ok all the time with enough fuel. Take notice of others warnings, although over the top some may be, and start slow. These cars do get scary and expensive fast when things do start breaking, so just avoid that, and you're good. Boost gets the best of all of us eventually though. I never wanted alky until I ran 20psi on the street. Now I'm contemplating 30psi on C16, everyone's doing it!

Your car, your wallet, your call. That need for speed will be adjusted after you blow a head gasket or two. You will be so scared to floor the car after a $1000 head gasket repair or a engine rebuild it will make you nervous each time you go full throttle. Trust me, start at 15psi and work your way up to 17-18 without knock. Then add alky and an alky chip and go for 20-23.

For sure! Unfortunately, he has fallen into the same trap that almost all new GN owners do. "Gotta make MORE power!! now!!"
Blown head gaskets are in his immediate future.
Heck, it took me over 20 years of tuning practice on these thing to learn what can be done and what can not. I've got the tuning knowledge and correct parts in combination that I can run just over 20# of boost on 93 octane with no alky. I've never used it and don't see the need.

One must take the time to learn their car, it's combination of parts, how they work, how they don't work, etc.

He's already starting out "in the hole", by being UNDER injectored for the turbo and other parts he has. But, replacing parts is part of the learning process. I hope he can do his own work.

I spray alky all the time. I would never dream of turning it off. Maybe turn it up though.

For sure! Unfortunately, he has fallen into the same trap that almost all new GN owners do. "Gotta make MORE power!! now!!"
Blown head gaskets are in his immediate future.
Heck, it took me over 20 years of tuning practice on these thing to learn what can be done and what can not. I've got the tuning knowledge and correct parts in combination that I can run just over 20# of boost on 93 octane with no alky. I've never used it and don't see the need.

One must take the time to learn their car, it's combination of parts, how they work, how they don't work, etc.

He's already starting out "in the hole", by being UNDER injectored for the turbo and other parts he has. But, replacing parts is part of the learning process. I hope he can do his own work.

READ THIS POST! I am one of the few fortunate ones that hasn't blown a HG yet within 60k miles and over 120 passes, but it's information like this on this board that has prevented that from happening to me! Others can have the same good luck that I've had if they just read, read, read...

Awesome tune btw without alky. I refer to your setup in other posts. Thanks for all the input.

Once you get used to alky and 23+ psi boost..... you won't know how you ever lived without it.....

It is extremely easy to become an alkyhaulic!

Just keep an eye on the alky tank. Top it off. I always keep a small spare container of meth in the trunk in case I happen be extra heavy on the foot. I also take a 1 gal jug to the track with me.

Are you sure ?? :rolleyes:

You can turn Razor's off. At least the current controller you can. I don't run mine in the winter time the few times I get to take it out from the horror stories I've heard about the alky pooling in the cold temps. I just pull timing and lower the boost. The fueling usually stays the same for me at 15psi no alky vs 20psi with alky so it's an easy switch...