Which Chip

Spoolin Hooligan

Off the wagon Boost Addict
Ok so im stuck on which chip i should get. I want to me able to turn my alky off and on but still boost around 22 lbs. Is this possible without to much knock or am i going to have to go with a alky chip and run it all the time with the boost I make. I havent touched the boost yet just wanted too know.

going with turbo tweak chip and razor alky control FYI

Ok so im stuck on which chip i should get. I want to me able to turn my alky off and on but still boost around 22 lbs. Is this possible without to much knock or am i going to have to go with a alky chip and run it all the time with the boost I make. I havent touched the boost yet just wanted too know.

going with turbo tweak chip and razor alky control FYI

Good choice. Many have good luck with TT chips, including myself, but the Extender chip is good too if you have a GEN II Translator to take advantage of all the features. To answer your question though, you will most likely need alky all the time @ 22psi unless you have a front mount and don't go crazy with the timing on a smallish turbo. There is one guy on here running 20psi that I know of no alky on pump gas, but most of us just spray the booze.

Why do you want to be able to turn the akly on and off? It's a progressive system so you really only need to set it once and you're good to go. Set the boost and forget it. 23 psi and an alky chip make for a fun car.

Why do you want to be able to turn the akly on and off? It's a progressive system so you really only need to set it once and you're good to go. Set the boost and forget it. 23 psi and an alky chip make for a fun car.
I never had alky or a TR so its new to me. Just afraid i will forget to fill up the resivor and ruin the system. and dont want to waste just driving around

Forgetting to turn it on will have the same result as not filling the reservoir

The alky system

Which one.

You can't turn Razor's off. You can disable injection in the ISAC but if you don't reduce the boost accordingly you'd better study the procedure for replacing headgaskets.

I would run 87 Octane, turn off the alky and crank up the boost:eek: Then you will realize how important alky really is.

I can't gotta need for speed. After the chip and alky I'm going to take it slow....

Your car, your wallet, your call. That need for speed will be adjusted after you blow a head gasket or two. You will be so scared to floor the car after a $1000 head gasket repair or a engine rebuild it will make you nervous each time you go full throttle. Trust me, start at 15psi and work your way up to 17-18 without knock. Then add alky and an alky chip and go for 20-23.