You can type here any text you want

Which headgasket?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I can't believe RC is using copper spray on viton coated head gaskets. That's why they leak....

I have installed numerous cometic head gaskets and nun of them leak. I put them on clean and dry per manufacturer recommendations.

Cometics are hands down the most durable head gasket and can be leak free. They just have to be installed correctly.

To the O.P. you better figure out why the the engine is detonating or it don't matter what gasket you use. Something is going to get hurt.
Ya know I've talked to Eric@TT and he mentioned something that really stuck. I've got the good Alky setup but has been on the car for years and primarily sat in a garage most of the last 18 years. Eric said the pumps need rebuilding regularly if over 2/3 years old. Since the chip is setup for alky I'm starting to wonder if my pump is failing. I'm currently leaning that direction. I'll probably have the pump checked and rebuilt at the same time.

Ya know I've talked to Eric@TT and he mentioned something that really stuck. I've got the good Alky setup but has been on the car for years and primarily sat in a garage most of the last 18 years. Eric said the pumps need rebuilding regularly if over 2/3 years old. Since the chip is setup for alky I'm starting to wonder if my pump is failing. I'm currently leaning that direction. I'll probably have the pump checked and rebuilt at the same time.
Yep it's always good to have a spare or two just in case... pump seals go bad after time and they leak, and lose pressure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Since I bought my Alky kit from Julio, I've always had a spare "fresh" pump on the shelf for it. To me this is a no brainer for the cost.

I can't believe RC is using copper spray on viton coated head gaskets. That's why they leak....

I have installed numerous cometic head gaskets and nun of them leak. I put them on clean and dry per manufacturer recommendations.

Cometics are hands down the most durable head gasket and can be leak free. They just have to be installed correctly..

Believe it he is. I will give them another shot just not on this engine.

Also let me add, I believe the deck and heads where not smooth enough either.

Back