which injector

pracingrev1140

hi ive installed , a ta 49 th down pipe 3 in exh i still have stock injectors stock heads . which injector should i run .i do have future plans for the car, like ported heads bigger intercooler ,just not sure of time frame yet . thanks RR

I suggest 009's or MSD-50's cause I think eventually you'll grow out of anything smaller fast. Don't forget to add a good fuel pump (Walbro 340 or Red's XP+), hot wire, adjustable fuel regulator, and matching chip(s) if you haven't already. As you ad mods just update your chip(s).

Originally posted by dpok69
Doesn't the 009's have a "tip on stumble" unlike the msd 50's?

True. Most of the chip programmers are supposed to have it figured out by now but have still heard of a few with the problem. The MSD-50's however are much easier to program for and tune without any draw backs. I love the MSD-50's and run them in both of my cars. They are very streetable with nice drivability plus doesn't require any ECM mods like the 55lb or larger do. The MSD-50's have been into the mid 10's while the 009's are low 11's on average. 36lb blue tops are also nice injectors but don't think it will supply enough fuel once you start putting those other mods on in the future.

I would have to agree with everyone on the 50s, I personally have the 009s and am not impressed and plan on moving on. BTW if you would like some 009s I would sell you mine at a fair price, they are practically brand new

thanks for the replys guys , ihave made the before mentioned mods .ie fuel pump hot wire kn . its now time to make some serious power . and get ready for the big cruise inn in ocean city md

ok guys ive decided to go with the 50,s but i still have the stock intercooler . will i have to change it right away ,or do i have a little lead way wear i can get around it for a while .i do plan to change it next year ,front mount i believe .alsio as far as the chip any comment s on the max effort multi pos .

There's no dire need to change it now...wait till you can afford it.

As far as the Max Effort goes, users do nothing but rave about how great that chip is, & how great the customer service is from Steve.:)

and the ME works perfectly with 42.5s, etc. There is not a problem with the injector having a tip in problem, there is a problem with some chip burners that don't know how to accomodate the characteristics of the injector. :)

I think Red Armstrong @ Quad Air has the 009's figured out pretty well cause I've seen guys down here running high 10's with 009's and his chips!:)

I would like to ask you why you plan to use a FM...and suggest to you that a larger stock mount might be more appropriate. :)

Are there a lot of GN/TR's around DC & Ocean City? Did you know that the Tyson's Corner Buick dealer had over 50 GN's on hand in October 1987-----an awesome sight-----wish I'd taken pictures! :)

well i m not sure on the front mount .just thought i would get so me opinions on that part . who sells the v4 and how much. as far as gn and tr im not sure about dc .but here in my area i can think of 5 right off hand one belongs to a very popular guy by the name of buddy cox, i think he has the fastest gnx there is i may be wrong .

By getting the 009's you usually save almost a 100$ over the price of the MSDs. You can use the money saved for a ME chip.

yeah i had a conversation with frank g ,alittle while ago he has 009 ,s he been 1130 ,s and said hes running out of fuel .he 50 ,s w ould do the trick for him i just dont want buy to small an injectorthe first time around ,