You can type here any text you want

which injectors to use MRE atomizers or ID2000'

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

norbs

Classic fast, XFI, SPortsman & MS3 programming
Just as the title says which injectors should I be using ? Something in the 160's size but I need to Idle clean on a tiny 231 motor for now........

The Atomizers are a lot better injector than the old 160's when comparing atomization. The old 160's will work on the little motor but they are touchy. I have seen first hand the difference in the old 212's and the new Atomizer 235's. The Atomizer responded very well to small VE changes while the older injectors did not. I was able to finely tune the Atomizers for spool-up where it was impossible with the old Bosch style injectors.

If you want Atomizers I can get you a set. A good friend is a dealer for them. Long story short. Moran may assemble his but all the pieces are built by an un-named 3rd party. He leads everyone to think these are his babies but they are not. I personally use the Atomizer 235's in my own car and tune several with the 160's.

The atomizers are back in production. Here is the set built for Norbs.

injector1.jpg

Dusty would you mind giving some more story behind these in comparision to other types and brands. I am not familiar with the "old 160s" Thanks.

nothing wrong with having bigger injectors then needed. what pump you going to run with those injectors

God I would love to have some of these. I am just too F'ing poor. I need to go from my 83#er's to 160's.

These are low impedence.

The "old 160's" and alot of the larger injectors were made for alternative fuel vehicles. The 160# injectors were really just propane injectors. As the supply of those injectors began to decrease the racing industry still needed somewhere to go for fuel injectors that size or even larger. So the billet injector was born. It will handle higher base pressure, higher overall pressure and are fully rebuildable. As the size grew over 200# the spray pattern suffered so the Atomizer tip was added to help atomization so you get a good spray pattern rather than just dumping the fuel in the cylinder. The benefit of the atomizer tip was seen so now most of the injectors use the Atomizer technology which makes tuning the cars idle and down low driveability. These pictured are 120# but can go up to 225#.

"Low Impedance" can mean 2.5 ohm, or it can mean 1.25 ohm, (or lots of other specific impedances, these are just 2 common ones)

the driver requirements are quite different between these ranges.

Are all the Atomizers one impedance, or can they be had different ways?

Bob

nothing wrong with having bigger injectors then needed. what pump you going to run with those injectors

Weldon 1100A running at 16 volts when over 7 lbs boost. Each volt above 14 volts adds 10% more flow to the pump for so short duration will not hurt it..

Back