You can type here any text you want

Which springs to use to RAISE the rear of my GN ?...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
The rear of my car is too low. The slicks are too close to the wheel lip and do rub when going down the track.:frown: What kind of rear coil springs would be the best to use to raise the rear of the car 1.5" and that will enable me to have a good launch ?

Claude. :redface:

rear springs

I just lowered my car, prior to that I was running a 28" tall m/t drag radial with no problems. I measured the car before and after. The before was roughly a 2" difference. I would be glad to sell you my old ones, they are "NOT" stock, they are taller. I could take pics to show, let me know.hth

I just lowered my car, prior to that I was running a 28" tall m/t drag radial with no problems. I measured the car before and after. The before was roughly a 2" difference. I would be glad to sell you my old ones, they are "NOT" stock, they are taller. I could take pics to show, let me know.hth

What were your 60 ft. times with these springs?...Was the ride the same as with the stock springs?...Anyways, let me know how much shipped to J7P 3C7 in Canada ...Pics would also be nice!...:redface:

Thank you,

Claude. :)

Hi Claude,how was the weekend:wink:.Details please.:smile:I have moog numbers for you at home,I will send them tonight:cool:

Kevin

probably not enough but

The rear of my car is too low. The slicks are too close to the wheel lip and do rub when going down the track.:frown: What kind of rear coil springs would be the best to use to raise the rear of the car 1.5" and that will enable me to have a good launch ?

Claude. :redface:

I have used the factory donut--washer--whatever they are called, that go on top of rear springs to raise the rear--You won't get 1.5 in. but you can gain some by using 2 on top and 2 on bottom.

Hi Claude,how was the weekend:wink:.Details please.:smile:I have moog numbers for you at home,I will send them tonight:cool:

Kevin

We made only three passes with the best (ever for the car) of 10.06 @ 143 mph. There are still a few things to do on the car, especially raising the rear because the slicks touch the wheel opening moulding...We need to add more timing too...9's are not very far now! :biggrin:
I'll be looking for your e-mail with the Moog numbers...

Thanks! :wink:

LOT said:
I have used the factory donut--washer--whatever they are called, that go on top of rear springs to raise the rear--You won't get 1.5 in. but you can gain some by using 2 on top and 2 on bottom.
I already have the factory "donut" on top of the springs, but they're too thin. I really need at least 1", but 1.5" would be even better. I know there are some thick rubber spacers available that I could use, but I dunno which ones to order...

thanks...

Claude. :smile:

Back