Which turbo to upgrade to

ponyetr

Hey all,

I'm having a real hard time deciding what turbo to go with. My engines been rebuilt and bored .030 over. I have ported heads and intake. Have 3 bolt TA headers and a Houston down pipe. Just not sure what turbo I should go with.

x2 on the converter? and more importantly what about the fuel system?

I would like to get about 425-450, possibly 500 down the road
If your talking fly wheel Hp and a 12" converter.. you will be more the happy with a Ta49 and its characteristics.

If the converter is stock or near stock stall, I would contact (Bison) staff member. A TA49 or 5931 would go well with 42 injectors and stock to mild converter.

I would also recommend an Alkycontrol kit.

If your talking fly wheel Hp and a 12" converter.. you will be more the happy with a Ta49 and its characteristics.

Agree. A good 12" (2800-3000) will get you there. I've taking a Neal Chance LU 12" to 11.12 at 124.xx

Thanks for all your input. Looks like the TA49 is the one for me. Thanks again, much appreciated!!

May want to consider a billet 5858 or equivalent. Bison builds to spool fast.

Also ask Bison, What if I plan on growing a little further. My mom used to buy my clothes a little loose for me when I was a kid. Just in case you want to go a little further later on. You have ported heads and intake? TA headers?

Some bigger injectors, pump, alky, front mount, and a little more converter..............Now your getting somewhere fast.