You can type here any text you want

Who Has Rebuilt Their Accufab Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNVYUS 1

Before I go replacing another fuel pump, I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Fuel Pressure not raising 1:1 but the regulator does allow for fuel pressure to drop due to vacuum and will hold the base pressure.

Anyone rebuild theirs and it fix the 1:1 ratio?

Also, mine isn't leaking but the adjustment sucks, it's not linear at all as it literally will stay put for a half a turn and then move, sometimes moving more than 1psi too????

And for $25, a diaphragm, extra O-ring and new screws seems pretty lame. I saw a post about someone needing and getting something else, any idea what else would be needed for a complete rebuild?

Maybe try another gauge before rebuilding. I though mine was bad and tried my spare accufab off my other engine and it turned out to be a bum gauge

Yep i've rebuilt mine.......but like mentioned, didnt change much and then put on another gauge to verify pressure and it turned out my autometer gauge crapped out:frown:

My wideband goes from 11's to 17's in a hurry, it's definitely really bad.

Royal did you get just the diaphragm (the extra o-ring and screws don't do jack)?

My wideband goes from 11's to 17's in a hurry, it's definitely really bad.

Royal did you get just the diaphragm (the extra o-ring and screws don't do jack)?

when i bought mine it came as a kit.... which was the replacement diaphragm, the stainless screw and an o-ring... if i wouldve know i could just get the diaphragm i would have.... i have plenty of o-rings around and the screws dont go bad:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

That's all that's in there super easy to rebuild

Well, diaphragm is ok so it's pump time again. :(

And $25 for the kit seems really rough, why they include the screws and o-ring is beyond me. You can find these screws at any hardware store and o-ring at any Napa.:redface:

On the same topic, anyone rebuild this type of regulator (I think I got mine from Kirban Performance? If so where did you get your rebuild kit?

Attachments

• 6547_lg.jpg
    6547_lg.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 278
i rebuilt mine used the diaphragm from gbody parts worked fine but mine was leaking into the line .diaphragm had hole in it...

Did you ever end up solving this problem? I believe I have the exact same issue. Wideband showing way too lean into boost at WOT. Everything else checks out fine, it must be my accufab regulator not being linear with boost.

How did you solve?

Before I go replacing another fuel pump, I wanted to see if anyone else had this issue.

Fuel Pressure not raising 1:1 but the regulator does allow for fuel pressure to drop due to vacuum and will hold the base pressure.

Anyone rebuild theirs and it fix the 1:1 ratio?

Also, mine isn't leaking but the adjustment sucks, it's not linear at all as it literally will stay put for a half a turn and then move, sometimes moving more than 1psi too????

And for $25, a diaphragm, extra O-ring and new screws seems pretty lame. I saw a post about someone needing and getting something else, any idea what else would be needed for a complete rebuild?
?

It was the Walbro pump issue from around this time frame of 2010. They knew it would stop at 58psi and didn't send out any recalls or heads up info, so guys like me blew $hit up and wasted time and $ hunting down ghost issues.

Bosch 044 went in and is a proven beast.

On the same topic, anyone rebuild this type of regulator (I think I got mine from Kirban Performance? If so where did you get your rebuild kit?
You can get a replacement diaphragm at the Kirban Performance website, that's about the only thing available. If you need anything else, contact Dennis Kirban through the site.

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44186/REPLACEMENT+DIAPHRAGM+FOR+KIRBAN+STYLE+ADJUSTABLE+FUEL+PRESSURE+REGULATOR+#7602.html

I recently restored and polished a used Kirban adjustable FPR, you might find this topic helpful:

http://turbobuick.com/threads/adjustable-fuel-pressure-regulator.443437/#post-3699506

Back